Wiki Posts
Search

CX 619 HKG- BKK 9 passengers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:43 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by freed0m
Embassy oversea normally under Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Immigration should be under Ministry of home affairs.

whose words are to believe?

With visa issued by oversea embassy, immigration still has the final power to deny entry.
Setup: isn't that the norm:

Australia: Consulates DFAT, ABF under Department of Home Affairs

UK: Consulates FCO, UKVI under Home Office

US: Consulates State Department, CBP under DHS

---

Normally consulates can accurately and effectively represent their home affairs ministries. Even if the consulate gets it wrong, provided you didn't aggressively exploit the consulate's mistake the immigration authorities will give you an easy pass for relying on consulate's advice.

But I won't automatically apply this belief to Thailand.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Coolers
It would seem that if you really wanted to visit TH, the easiest solution would be to travel on a non-BNO, non-HKSAR passport and transit through Singapore/Malaysia/Vietnam, as Thailand's illogical requirements only apply for travel departing HK rather than anyone who's been here recently.
Beg to differ:

Originally Posted by the.wandering.aengus
Denied boarding today on a flight from LHR to BKK via DOH on QR. Travelling on a Canadian passport and I was in Hong Kong 8 days ago. Apparently my presence in HK last week was enough to deny me boarding.

I don’t believe this should apply to me as I am not flying from Hong Kong. A lot of confusion here!
Originally Posted by percysmith
Form T8 requests your travel history up to fourteen days before arrival and medical certificate template requires your doctor to certify up to 14 days ago.

So your visit to HK 8 days ago is relevant.

However, if you can show QR LHR the medical cert and US$100k insurance, they should let you board. Did you/did they?

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/st...76238832562177
Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:19 pm

I suppose I stand corrected. Can always count on the Thai government to go above and beyond their stated requirements, even as they have no idea what the other hand is doing.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
CX now down to one daily HKG-BKK, effective approx March 20.

Thailand basically shutting the doors to tourists. We're cancelling our April trip.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:18 pm

VOA for Thailand suspended wef today

Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
VOA for Thailand suspended wef today

https://twitter.com/richardbarrow/st...902533633?s=21

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.