Search

Anyone ever check a rug on CX?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Anyone ever check a rug on CX?

Traveling DXB-HKG-JFK next week. I'd like to bring a rug that measures 320cm x 206cm as checked luggage. I am unsure of the weight, but when rolled up I can carry it alone on my shoulder. The CX website makes it clear that I need special permission, so I'll have to call, but I'm curious whether anyone has checked something like this before.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:18 am

Programs: CX GO
I checked in a rug before to Hong Kong and no issues. It will though go to the oversize area to be picked up, which you might need to wait for a bit.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: CX GO, TSA Pre✓ Afflictions: TSASS
I once checked an oriental rug a little smaller than yours on CX inside a large suitcase and I had no problem. I used this folding technique to get it in the suitcase:

If your rug does not fit in a suitcase you might still want to fold it like that, wrap it in heavy plastic and tape it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.