Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Old Apr 16, 2020, 10:06 am

So Apr expiry people dun get the Marco Polo automatic renewal

So I’ve read the announcements on Cathay website on the automatic renewal for those expiry May - Dec 2020.
wat happens to people like me whose expiry is 30th Apr 2020? We dun get the renewal and goes back to square one?

i have 270 pts now as silver - do I get reset back to green since i am not eligible for the automatic renewal ?
Old Apr 16, 2020, 11:22 am
KCJ

Programs: GCDiamond, MB Plat, HHDiamond, MPCGO
Hi Folks,

My membership end-date is in Aug. Should I have an early reset if CX continues to provide club points relief?

If I reset it now, will my membership end-date change to April?

The Aug membership end-date works pretty well for me. If I reset it, it will be a bit difficult for me to retain my GO status.

Cheers
KCJ
Old Apr 16, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Mei1981
So I’ve read the announcements on Cathay website on the automatic renewal for those expiry May - Dec 2020.
wat happens to people like me whose expiry is 30th Apr 2020? We dun get the renewal and goes back to square one?

i have 270 pts now as silver - do I get reset back to green since i am not eligible for the automatic renewal ?
If you have 270 points now you will renew as another 30 points will be credited this month.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by KCJ
Hi Folks,

My membership end-date is in Aug. Should I have an early reset if CX continues to provide club points relief?

If I reset it now, will my membership end-date change to April?

The Aug membership end-date works pretty well for me. If I reset it, it will be a bit difficult for me to retain my GO status.

Cheers
KCJ
CX didn't say anything about continuing providing club points relief, so I would guess no. If you reset now, your new membership will end in Apr. 2021, which is not covered by auto-extension. I recommend against resetting your membership year.
Nicc HK likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 6:21 pm

What about memberships that are expiring 30 April 2020? Use membership holiday to extend the expiry date to get an extension?
Old Apr 16, 2020, 6:30 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by hktraveller20
What about memberships that are expiring 30 April 2020? Use membership holiday to extend the expiry date to get an extension?
Anecdotally there are some people who seem to have got an extension already even without meeting the requirements. So potentially they will do it for you as well.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post32294949
Old Apr 16, 2020, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond)
For those expiring between Jan to April 2021, I'd suggest calling the MPC line to enquire. I have just called and they said that they are still looking at it. Not sure what their plans are but if we live in countries which have inbound and outbound bans in place for at least another 6 to 9 months, we can't earn points. And I know that this is a First World problem.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Just as an anecdote, I have MPC Gold with August year end, and I got the email message renewing for a further 12 months. Plus 65 tier points last month.

My Gold was either a soft landing from Diamond, even though virtually zero earnings on the last 4 years which includes the 3 allowed holiday years, or AMEX spend, not sure which.

Just for comparison my American EXP which has the same year end for all members, 31/12, rolled over for everyone 12 months including Upgrade Certificates, and reduced earnings to reach the tier targets.

Stay safe!

Nicc
Old Apr 16, 2020, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
If you have 270 points now you will renew as another 30 points will be credited this month.
thanks for the reply! What if there’s no more club points for Apr? U think they will renew me at 30 pts short?
Old Apr 16, 2020, 8:39 pm
JWo

Programs: MPC DM / UA *A Gold / Hyatt Glob / SPG Gold
My DM membership just renewed in April (now expires April 2021). I don't foresee travel to pick up again until at least September (at the earliest). Do you think it's worth taking a membership holiday after the 140CPs hit the account this month? Can I retroactively credit the future flights (in May to Sept) to my account after the membership holiday period? Should I bank on CX providing some sort of concession re renewal next year?
Old Apr 16, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond)
Originally Posted by JWo
My DM membership just renewed in April (now expires April 2021). I don't foresee travel to pick up again until at least September (at the earliest). Do you think it's worth taking a membership holiday after the 140CPs hit the account this month? Can I retroactively credit the future flights (in May to Sept) to my account after the membership holiday period? Should I bank on CX providing some sort of concession re renewal next year?
My recommendation is to wait and see. There would be many members whose year ends between Jan to April 2021, ie possibly up to a 3rd of MPC members and they would have to do something as just about all of us can't travel for the next 6 to 9 months. IMHO it would be wasting your "holiday". I am in the same boat and it did cross my mind.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 9:07 pm

Not sure why CX can't extend satus and let members carry over club points for qualification, instead of renewal.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ultrawin
Not sure why CX can't extend satus and let members carry over club points for qualification, instead of renewal.
it's all about money.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM, HU FWC Gold
I need some advice can anyone help?

Expiry Date: June 2020
Grade: Gold, CP Now: 935 (April CP relief excluded)
Ticket Hold: 1 set 4 sector 100CP (All CX&KA, July and August)
Ticket canceled due to COVID-19: 1set 6 sector 160CP (All CX&KA)

Should I
1) Email CX after April CP arrived and ask if I could upgrade to Diamond
2) Wait for CX's announcement to see if they'll still provide CP relief on May and June (70 CP less to diamond after June )
3) Just renew Gold

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by pochi; Apr 16, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Old Apr 16, 2020, 11:36 pm

Worst of the Worst

Anyone whose membership is expiring on 30Apr?

Very shocking and unfair by CX! No one can fly since Feb til now and I don’t think everything g can be resumed to normal until at least July or a August...

Any suggestion to raise our voice to CX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.