Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

will cathay allow me to short check baggage in NZ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:37 am
Original Poster

I have a LH ticket with a couple of CX segments. My route is AMS-FRA-HKG-AKL-HKG-MUC-AMS. That very last segment I'd rather not fly. I'd rather get myself on a flight to London. Obviously you never know for sure, but are there any data points on Cathay's willingness to short check luggage at AKL? The relevant connection is 3.35 hours.

(sorry if this is a repeated question - I'm sure I can't be the first to ask, but search isn't revealing the answer).
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:37 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
CX now uses third party check-in staff in Auckland.
In the 5 or 6 times that I have encountered them they have always been aggressively unhelpful and ignorant of all CX policies.
I don't like your chances of any concessions from this mob.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You don't state when you are flying. If in the near future, I would be also worried about some cancellations of the longhauls.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oldchinahand
CX now uses third party check-in staff in Auckland.
In the 5 or 6 times that I have encountered them they have always been aggressively unhelpful and ignorant of all CX policies.
I don't like your chances of any concessions from this mob.
Good to know. Guess I'm going to AMS! Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Ah sorry yeah, flights are booked for Jan '21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.