Search

Status Run for MPC? Does it worth?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPCGO, AYPt, SQG, HHDiamond
Status Run for MPC? Does it worth?

Hi All,

I am just curious - I saw quite a few threads regarding status runs for BAEC, SAS, Turkish, etc. but never on MPC (correct me if I am wrong). Any reasons why?

To have MPCGO or MPCDM status, what is the easiest/quickest way to do (not in F)?

I fly at least three times HKG-LHR, 2 times HKG-ICN every year. Occasionally, I have SH to South-east Asia. Currently I am MPCGO.

Thanks!
NeoZ

Last edited by NeoZ; Feb 15, 2020 at 8:02 am Reason: Added "Currently I am MPCGO."
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
its not worth it because of staggered progression to diamond being key differentiator unlike others that gets you to top in 1 go. there are many cheaper Emerald you can buy

besides if CX go under... well...
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Hi @fakecd

What do you mean by "staggered progression to diamond being key differentiator"

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze
MPC resets the tier points once you reach a new tier, so if you want to become GO in one year, you’ll need 20+300+600=920 points. This makes tier point run difficult if you are new to MPC

Another point that makes MPC tier point run less attractive, is that MPC does not have soft landing, so basically you can go for GO for one year, then green the second year if you didn’t go for another run.
But for BAEC, you can be gold for 2 years, then silver 1 year and bronze, so 4 years status in 1-2 runs.

Anyways, the design of MPC sort of prevents you from having tier point runs. The difference between tier points earned in short haul and long haul isn’t that great compared to BAEC. In BAEC, a simple HK-Europe on QR can almost get you to Silver if you meet the 4 sector requirement. For MPC, the same run gives you only 210 club points. That’s because for BAEC, any sector >2000miles in J gives you 140 tier points. Some “short haul” Europe trips can already do that.

I’m not an expert in MPC runs, but surely BAEC tier point runs are much easier.
NeoZ likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Hi @thomas164,

What do you mean by "you can be gold for 2 years, then silver 1 year and bronze, so 4 years status in 1-2 runs"? I thought membership will only last for 1 year, i.e. 1 year for gold?

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by NeoZ
Hi @thomas164,

What do you mean by "you can be gold for 2 years, then silver 1 year and bronze, so 4 years status in 1-2 runs"? I thought membership will only last for 1 year, i.e. 1 year for gold?

Thanks!
BA Executive Club has soft landings from each level. CX MPC does not.
NeoZ likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I am just curious - I saw quite a few threads regarding status runs for BAEC, SAS, Turkish, etc. but never on MPC (correct me if I am wrong). Any reasons why?
Because the programs you have mentioned have relatively low criteria to qualify or renew mid-level status, i.e. the level comes with lounge access.

OTOH, CX can been seen as one of the most difficult program to qualify or renew, especially given its tiered qualification, i.e. you have to make it level by level, as well as higher fare class requirement.

To have MPCGO or MPCDM status, what is the easiest/quickest way to do (not in F)?
Corporate sponsorship, as you don't even need to meet the CP requirement.
NeoZ likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: MPC Gold, MileagePlus Gold, HH Gold
Just had some feedback on corporate sponsorship. This is also being replaced with a "challenge" model where you can get gold with 300 points in 1 year instead of the regular 300+600. The upside is that this would be across anyone in the organization,
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:55 am
Original Poster

@ derekl

Thanks!

For Corporate sponsorship (CX Business Plus), does anyone have some sort of brochure for programme details?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:59 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Do you have to be spoon-fed everything?

Googling "CX Business Plus" will give you the information that you are looking for on the first page. Try it!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Of course I have googled it

I would like to know more about the tiers but see no information on CX website.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:34 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Do you have to be spoon-fed everything?
LOL
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:11 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
You can have a look at these threads as an introduction to Marco Polo Club:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...s-newbies.html
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by thomas164
MPC resets the tier points once you reach a new tier, so if you want to become GO in one year, you’ll need 20+300+600=920 points.
Not that it makes a great deal of difference, but the 20 points needed for Green does not get “reseted”, meaning you “only” need 900 for GO in one year, not 920.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.