Search

Quietest Hong Kong Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Quietest Hong Kong Lounge

Travelling LHR/HKG/AKL next week and have a 4 hour connection in HKG
Wandering what Cathay Business lounge would be the quietest as in areas with few people wandering about?

Last edited by Knickam; Feb 11, 2020 at 1:53 pm Reason: Changed to Business lounge
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by Knickam
Wandering what Cathay lounge would be the quietest as in areas with few people wandering about?
All CX lounge are as quiet as they get noaways. If you have four hours just go to Pier F (if you can get in); I was there last week and at one point I was chilling out at the Long Bar area and I had the entire space to myself! Not a single soul except for the bored bartender.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by flubber
All CX lounge are as quiet as they get noaways. If you have four hours just go to Pier F (if you can get in); I was there last week and at one point I was chilling out at the Long Bar area and I had the entire space to myself! Not a single soul except for the bored bartender.
Thanks for that,
Should have said business lounge in my original post, Now changed
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Knickam
Thanks for that,
Should have said business lounge in my original post, Now changed
I think the point flubber was making is that, given the Coronavirus situation, and the number of cancelled flights, etc. pretty much all CX lounges at HKG are pretty quiet right now.

Regards
Knickam, inego, flubber and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:47 pm

Depends what time of day. The Pier is often quiet because it's a bit more out of the way than the other lounges, and the tea room and resting area at the back are usually pretty quiet in terms of noise and foot traffic. The left side of the Bridge (as you face the front desk) is a consistently quiet spot. I haven't been there but I suspect the Deck is probably quiet because it's still new. But the above posters are right, any part of the airport will be as quiet as it is ever going to get right now.
Knickam likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by lionelhutz
Depends what time of day. The Pier is often quiet because it's a bit more out of the way than the other lounges, and the tea room and resting area at the back are usually pretty quiet in terms of noise and foot traffic. The left side of the Bridge (as you face the front desk) is a consistently quiet spot. I haven't been there but I suspect the Deck is probably quiet because it's still new. But the above posters are right, any part of the airport will be as quiet as it is ever going to get right now.
The Deck was certainly not quiet when I was there recently, it was chaos, I assume due to newness and size compared to other lounges.
Knickam and mcgahat like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: JAL
It may be different with AKL flights leaving in the afternoon, but the LHS of the Bridge from the entrance was packed in the morning (6-8am) when I transitted a few weeks ago
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
<snip>I haven't been there but I suspect the Deck is probably quiet because it's still new.
Originally Posted by jmail1
The Deck was certainly not quiet when I was there recently, it was chaos, I assume due to newness and size compared to other lounges.
Not to derail this thread, but wife and I were in The Deck back in late October and we were decidedly unimpressed. Small, crowed, sad food selection and kinda hard to find.

Least favorite lounge in HKG (and we've been in all the OWE lounges, First and Business). Hard pass going forward.

Regards
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:25 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Generally The Pier is the quietest lounge and The Deck is the busiest closely followed by The Wing.
Kacee and Knickam like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:01 pm

The Pier is the only way to go in my opinion. Really love that lounge, feels more like a cozy living room than a lounge, tends to be quieter too as it is the furthest from security.
Knickam likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Not to derail this thread, but wife and I were in The Deck back in late October and we were decidedly unimpressed. Small, crowed, sad food selection and kinda hard to find.

Least favorite lounge in HKG (and we've been in all the OWE lounges, First and Business). Hard pass going forward.

Regards
Yeah, the Deck is probably the most disappointing lounge. It is exposed to the terminal so noise is considerably louder. Also, just seems a little bit less premium than the others. At least it's better than the old KA lounge!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:42 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by scubadu
I think the point flubber was making is that, given the Coronavirus situation, and the number of cancelled flights, etc. pretty much all CX lounges at HKG are pretty quiet right now.

Regards
Yes, exactly. Thanks for clarifying.

Since all CX lounges are generally quiet nowadays thanks to the 2019-CoV, just take your pick on which lounge you want to go to. I prefer the Pier lounge as walking there clocks about 1000 steps and it's nice to walk before getting on a plane where you will be mostly be sitting down!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:33 pm

I was at the Pier First Class Lounge on the 8th of February. Very quiet indeed, not many people there compared to my visit on The 22nd of January. 侍應多過客, more staffs than guests.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The QF lounge is also very quiet in the morning after opening (7 am). It's a very different feel from the Pier, which has become my go-to CX lounge.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:08 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
The Pier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.