Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ex-TPE runs under new nCoV rules

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by percysmith
I observe these flights still depart from HKG (CX564/530/450)

If these flights are still allowed to proceed to Japan, surely TPE isn't quarantining all transits, only those seeking entry to Taiwan?
I've been wondering the same, but I have not been able to find concrete information. Perhaps they are being asked to stay aboard? If I see any information I will post it here.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:43 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I've been wondering the same, but I have not been able to find concrete information. Perhaps they are being asked to stay aboard? If I see any information I will post it here.
When I've last been on it (probably 2018), everyone got off. I remember having to pass transit security, go into CX lounge to refill my bottle then board the flight again.

So unless they've changed the procedure again to detaining at gate or on board.

But still, something you can use to compel HKG GA/supervisor to check you in with.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
When I've last been on it (probably 2018), everyone got off. I remember having to pass transit security, go into CX lounge to refill my bottle then board the flight again.

So unless they've changed the procedure again to detaining at gate or on board.

But still, something you can use to compel HKG GA/supervisor to check you in with.
I know the usual practice is to get off. What I'm wondering indeed is whether a new practice has been put in place.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:10 am

Looks like Taiwan is now banning most HK and Macau residents: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202002100013 .

Taiwan will temporarily close it borders to most residents of Hong Kong and Macau, starting Tuesday, as part of its efforts to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Monday.
Taiwan's authorities decided to impose the entry ban in light of the escalation of the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan and has been spreading rapidly in Guangdong Province on the borders of Hong Kong and Macau, Mainland Affairs Council Deputy Minister Chen Ming-chi (陳明祺) said Monday.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Looks like Taiwan is now banning most HK and Macau residents: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202002100013 .
Doesn't say much about the hairpin turn question.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:39 pm

I wasn't able to get through TPECX airport desk yesterday but I just got through now. They are always lovely IF you can get to speak to someone.

1) Confirmed passengers can still take CX450/451/564/565 via TPE fine. She doesn't know if through-pax are being held on the plane or not.
2) According to their understanding, transit is still allowed as long as one has no intention to enter Taiwan.
3) They are not willing to answer question on back-to-back ticket, but they stressed that when flights from HKG arrive, Taiwan CDC will ask everyone to fill out a form and go through them before letting people off, which could take up some time. Taiwan CDC also has the power to decide if they think someone has the intention to enter Taiwan.
sxc, percysmith, jerrywu and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Say a US Citizen who holds a Taiwan residency permit flies LAX-HKG-TPE on CX, are they subject to the 14-day self-quarantine?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Say a US Citizen who holds a Taiwan residency permit flies LAX-HKG-TPE on CX, are they subject to the 14-day self-quarantine?
Correct
gpeso8 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Refer to Q3 and Q4 if you want official reference.

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-5118-dc513-2.html
percysmith likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:31 pm

Programs: QF
I see the Taiwanese authorities currently have this in place until the end of April!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by jrfsp320
I see the Taiwanese authorities currently have this in place until the end of April!
My understanding is cross-strait flights (Mainland China to Taiwan vv) will be limited to a few airports only until April, while there has been no mention of the end date for home quarantine for transit pax or travel restrictions for Hong Kong and Macau passport holders.

Family from Penang visiting me in Taipei in mid-April and have flights that transit through HKG. Sure hope the home quarantine order will be gone by then.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: QF
Im also flying in April, transiting through HK, so hopefully restrictions for transit passengers may be lifted by then
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by jysim
My understanding is cross-strait flights (Mainland China to Taiwan vv) will be limited to a few airports only until April, while there has been no mention of the end date for home quarantine for transit pax or travel restrictions for Hong Kong and Macau passport holders.
PEK, SHA, PVG, CTU, and XMN are the only airports allowed to have flights to/from Taiwan (special charter possible contingent on gov't approval). These are the same 5 airports KA still serves, so I wonder if there's a logistic reason behind it.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:38 pm

Programs: MPC DM
I just called MPC to confirm if transit for Hong Kong residents through TPE is ok (as I have a flight coming up soon on CX450 to NRT via TPE, albeit on separate tickets). Their understanding is that currently transit is ok and that the restriction is for entering Taiwan through immigration. The caveat though was for me to "double confirm" with Taiwan immigration (which I won't bother with). With this in mind, I guess that the usual procedure of disembarking then going through transfer and re-boarding will still apply. I'll be happy to provide an update at beginning March when I travel if no further anecdotes have been posted by then.
ernestnywang and mrsmart like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:55 am

I have a flight booked on SQ in April from SFO to HKG and then with a flight from HKG->TPE. The layover is about 4 hours and if I am reading the official website correctly, I will need to have the 14 day self-quarantine or can be turned back by the Taiwan CDC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.