Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Corona Flight Cancellation experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corona Flight Cancellation experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by VibeCentro
I have a late December one-way redemption ticket HKG-SFO-HND issued at 12:19 am 24 March 2020 HKT i.e.just passed 23 March 2020 very marginally (the last issue date Special Ticketing Guideline accepts). As it stands, there is very slim chance that I could actually travel to New York or Tokyo because of Covid-19 and relevant travel restrictions. The booking was made online, and I believe I began the booking before midnight (searching for flights, confirming flight details, entering passenger details etc prior to payment). Is it possible to argue that the booking was actually made on 23 March 2020 (started booking process) or the Special Ticketing Guideline did not specify the timezone relevant to "on or before 23 March 2020", so that my booking is covered under the Guideline. Are anyone in similar situation?
Just wait and see if one or both of your flights will cancel. I made a HND-JFK-HKG booking on 30 March for this month. Both of my flights got canceled and they rebooked me on alternative flights/dates. I called and asked for a refund without penalty (i.e. waived the $120 USD cancellation fee) and they honored it.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Just wait and see if one or both of your flights will cancel. I made a HND-JFK-HKG booking on 30 March for this month. Both of my flights got canceled and they rebooked me on alternative flights/dates. I called and asked for a refund without penalty (i.e. waived the $120 USD cancellation fee) and they honored it.
Thanks for responding. Did they offer to rebook you to dates subsequent to the 1-year ticket validity ie after March 2021 like the special ticketing guideline permits because I actually prefer to rebook instead of getting a refund... (but don’t think March stands a significantly better chance of being able to travel than December )
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:08 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by VibeCentro
Thanks for responding. Did they offer to rebook you to dates subsequent to the 1-year ticket validity ie after March 2021 like the special ticketing guideline permits because I actually prefer to rebook instead of getting a refund... (but don’t think March stands a significantly better chance of being able to travel than December )
If you rebook you will have to pay any fare difference, so it may be better to take the cash now and rebook yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.