FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club impossible to contact them via phone (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/2007299-cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club-impossible-contact-them-via-phone.html)

infinitium Jan 30, 2020 8:08 pm

Unable to reach any MPC call-in numbers?

Hi gang,

Has anyone tried calling into the MPC Green/Silver/Gold hotline recently, in the last 2-3 days?
I've been trying almost all numbers listed on the MPC page but I'm getting a fast/busy signal, or sometimes, a "this number is not in service" automated message.

Understand the call center might be under heavy load right now given developing the coronavirus situation, but I should AT LEAST be able to reach the general automated system and be presented with menu prompts. Just me or is anyone else facing the same issue?

kijhkijh Jan 31, 2020 2:41 am

Yup. The "regular" MPC line is down. But the general CX number seems to be working. They probably diverted all manpower to handle the calls coming in to change/cancel flights. Better call and get in queue.

l380 Jan 31, 2020 3:50 am

Originally Posted by kijhkijh (Post 32015411)
Yup. The "regular" MPC line is down. But the general CX number seems to be working. They probably diverted all manpower to handle the calls coming in to change/cancel flights. Better call and get in queue.

If you can call around 2am-6am HK local time, there should only be a short wait! lol

kijhkijh Jan 31, 2020 4:29 am

Originally Posted by l380 (Post 32015500)
If you can call around 2am-6am HK local time, there should only be a short wait! lol

I got no CX flights coming up, so I am okay, but I wouldn't be surprised if it still wasn't up between 2am-6am. 😔

jagmeets Jan 31, 2020 6:01 am

MPC DM line was ok, earlier today...called in after a while- linger prompts, but under a minute’s hold time post that.

William Rigg Feb 2, 2020 10:03 pm

Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club impossible to contact them via phone

I have tried all day to contact Cathay Pacific Marco Polo club to confirm a flight upgrade.
Their dedicated lines don't answer. You either get an constant engaged tone or are asked to try the number again.
Quite ridiculous for a first rate Airline.
I tried with mobile and land line all day every 30 minutes or so.
Before it wasn't a problem but now it seems they cant cope with the number of calls or need it upgrading ASAP.
Very bad for its members indeed.

Has anyone else had this problem.
Very bad indeed.

QRC3288 Feb 3, 2020 2:23 am

Originally Posted by William Rigg (Post 32025838)
I have tried all day to contact Cathay Pacific Marco Polo club to confirm a flight upgrade.
There dedicated lines don't answer. You either get an consonant engaged tone or are asked to try the number again.
Quite ridiculous for a first rate Airline.
I tried with mobile and land line all day every 30 minutes or so.
Before it wasn't a problem but now it seems they cant cope with the number of calls or need it upgrading ASAP.
Very bad for its members indeed.

Has anyone else had this problem.
Very bad indeed.

They are all hands on deck trying to re-ticket tons of people, often with complex itineraries and/or changing origin or destination cities. They are completely underwater with the coronavirus. I normally don't apologize for CX but I don't know what you expect them to do here! They don't have 20,000 emergency call center workers on standby in case a virus epidemic strikes.

This is not a "normal" time.

Practically speaking, I think you should (unfortunately) be realistic and expect that normal services like upgrades you're asking for will be badly impacted here.

Besides the mainland Chinese airlines, the CX group (which includes KA, with something like 80%+ of its capacity serving mainland China) is the most impacted carrier in the world by this issue. It is totally not business as usual.

I am also impacted fwiw. I've tried calling them multiple times to change a reservation next week, which is almost certainly going to be impacted but I can't reach them yet. I have no idea what I'll do if I can't reach them. I have two tickets that can't be altered online for some reason, but I can't reach anyone at CX either to change them. I'm just keeping to try. Also try the 3333 number. I've had them both on hold multiple times the last few days without success. But to be fair, I "only" waited 30 minutes or so.

You have to keep trying, and like I say above expect that things we take for granted during normal times like seat reservations, upgrades, etc. are not on the table for now.

HarbourGent Feb 3, 2020 2:53 am

Another good example of how short-sighted it was from the perspective of loyal customers to close the Marco Polo desk at the airport recently. Agreed that the virus is an exceptional event but Cathay doesn't set itself up for flexibility in this regard.

William Rigg Feb 3, 2020 3:16 am

Thanks,I suppose the only thing to do is call at say 2am on wards

William Rigg Feb 3, 2020 3:19 am

Yes I can understand the issues but to have no way of contacting them is not acceptable. I even tried Australia's line but they said only Hong Kong can do the changes.
Why don't they at least allow other Cathay offices the ability to do it.

William Rigg Feb 3, 2020 3:24 am

I also think that with every virus we can now expect this to happen, Best change to Qantas in future ha ha

William Rigg Feb 3, 2020 3:36 am

Finally they answered. It is travel time in China withpeople on the way home from work I suppose--Persistence pays

percysmith Feb 3, 2020 3:58 am

Even FTers on the BA board know to give BA call centres some breathing space when they know people about to fly soon will be calling more despearately https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32006898

Originally Posted by William Rigg (Post 32026423)
I also think that with every virus we can now expect this to happen, Best change to Qantas in future ha ha

(Since you seem to be motivated by the upgrade) QF upgrades are harder to come by. If you're happy to sit at the back, then you have no reason to call.

jagmeets Feb 3, 2020 7:34 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 32026350)
I've tried calling them multiple times to change a reservation next week, which is almost certainly going to be impacted but I can't reach them yet. I have no idea what I'll do if I can't reach them.

Perhaps try calling the MPO and tell them that you’re just unable to get through to reservations? Not this time around, but I’ve managed to speak to a reservations agent when the MPO transferred to them in the past.

DM line has had waits too, but not too bad..

they do say on the website (https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ore-login.html)

Marco Polo Club Service Centre

Service lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Agents are available to handle all membership queries and reservation and ticketing services for passengers travelling on Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon. Please have your membership number ready when calling the service hotlines.

percysmith Feb 3, 2020 8:19 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 32026945)
Perhaps try calling the MPO and tell them that you’re just unable to get through to reservations? Not this time around, but I’ve managed to speak to a reservations agent when the MPO transferred to them in the past.

Maybe MPO can transfer to ticketing in the past, but not anymore https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post31891921