FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club impossible to contact them via phone (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/2007299-cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club-impossible-contact-them-via-phone.html)

QRC3288 Feb 3, 2020 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 32026945)
Perhaps try calling the MPO and tell them that you’re just unable to get through to reservations? Not this time around, but I’ve managed to speak to a reservations agent when the MPO transferred to them in the past.

DM line has had waits too, but not too bad..

they do say on the website (https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ore-login.html)

Marco Polo Club Service Centre

Service lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Agents are available to handle all membership queries and reservation and ticketing services for passengers travelling on Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon. Please have your membership number ready when calling the service hotlines.

I've tried the MPC Diamond hotline at least once each of the last 4 days. It hasn't rang through, just immediately hung up. You know how it is when things are particularly busy. I'm not too worried, I know if I try it 20 times I'll eventually get through.

My first flight (which I'm not going to fly) isn't for 5 days, and it's a one-way J ticket to Shanghai. I bought it a few weeks ago thinking I had to be in Shanghai, right before the virus news got bad. I'm sure I can no-show it and pay a small or nil fee and keep it even if I never reach them.

I have a "weirder" ticket in two weeks PVG-SGN round trip via Hong Kong that I want to talk to them about. I was supposed to fly from Shanghai to Saigon via HK with a client on Feb 13, and then come back to Hong Kong with him two days later. When we booked, I figured I could save some money buying a round-trip PVG-SGN instead of two one ways (PVG-SGN and SGN-HKG), and I could keep the last HKG-PVG sector in reserve and use it some other time. But we've cancelled Shanghai due to the virus, we're just doing HKG-SGN round-trip and skipping Shanghai. I want to talk to them to see if I can just cancel the PVG-HKG sector but keep the last HKG-PVG sector, which I know is not normally possible. But I just can't go to China right now, as much as I'd like to. I'm afraid I'll get quarantined somewhere else I travel merely on account of having visited China (I have Europe, Singapore, Japan and US trips coming up in the next 6 weeks), due to the increasing restrictions on people who have visited China lately.

If they can't just cancel my first sector but leave the rest in-tact, I'll just cancel the whole thing and rebook HKG-SGN round-trip.

jagmeets Feb 3, 2020 7:24 pm

Ah okie- I had to call 2747-8888 a couple of times this past week- 2mins hold time once, and 6-7mins the other time.

good luck!

Psychiatrist Feb 4, 2020 2:22 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 32029453)
Ah okie- I had to call 2747-8888 a couple of times this past week- 2mins hold time once, and 6-7mins the other time.

good luck!

This is perhaps the time when being DM helps. DM wait time has been under 5 minutes for me this week (called twice, at 10pm).

On the other hand, my GO friends say the wait time is around 2 hours, also in the evenings.

ermen Feb 4, 2020 6:04 am

what i dont get is this
you call the AM number (2747 3838), it does not connect
so you are force to call the 3333 number. but that number is for revenue tickets, and they say "sorry i cant help you" i need to transfer you to AM (and magically, they can definitely transfer you through). So you queue 30mins just to get someone who can't help you, to transfer you for another 30mins+ to get to AM? what type of stupid logic is that, and tying resources for the 3333 number too?

am i missing somthing or is CX just dumb?

percysmith Feb 4, 2020 8:54 pm

HT t.me/pointstomileshk

I think I better transcribe what was received:

AM live chat
Elsa 客戶支緩

Pax: for both itinerary?
Elsa: our reservation team currently focusing on booking which will be depart this week
Pax: ah?
Elsa: yes, because members need to contact us before the departure date, if they want to waiver the rebooking fee

QRC3288 Feb 4, 2020 9:16 pm

I confirm that once I got through to the 8888 number, it took me <5 minutes to reach a rep (as a Diamond). I will add though, it might’ve taken me 10 or so times on three different instances dialing the number to actually get it to go through, instead of just hanging up like it does when it’s super busy. Clearly they are swamped.

Unfortunately, MPC couldn’t solve my complicated ticketing query, and could only recommend I call the 3333 number. Which they couldn’t transfer me to (as indicated above), either so I had to hang up and dial it myself.

And then upon dialing 3333, I couldn’t get through to the first 5+ attempts. However, I think on the 6th or 7th attempt I got through! Waited about 15 minutes after entering my MPC number and talked to an agent.

I think the lesson here is just keep trying and trying and trying. Being an MPC member a long time I am used to just trying again and again and eventually you get through on busy times. But for people not accustomed to this, I could see how they think they’re screwed and totally panic after 2-3x attempts fail.

Also, without a doubt being a Diamond right now has great value Just to drastically cut down your call time. (Although I’m not sure it is worth getting very excited about this Given the situation!)

jagmeets Feb 4, 2020 9:23 pm

Ah- so MPO transferring to reservations is definitely dead..oh well!

thanks for reporting, QRc3288

Sohoboy Feb 5, 2020 9:15 am

Tried at 1000 HK LCT on 5/2, 15 minutes wait, not too bad :)

cmiller11101 Feb 5, 2020 9:56 am

I called in around 16:00 local yesterday to the MPC DM English line (via HK number)... hold time was 3x what it normally was to get to an agent, which means it was only about 1 minute on hold... lol.

I called reservations around 20:00 local time, however, and had to hang up after 15 minutes on hold due to a work meeting that was about to begin... they prioritize DM in queue, so I can't imagine what it's like for the majority of people who call. I don't mind, I'll call back at a weird hour later.

Hang in there CX... xoxo

infinitium Feb 5, 2020 11:19 pm

I just tried calling the MPC HKG 2747-xxxxx number, and got through... miraculously with no wait at all.
Guess their hold times are down.

ermen Feb 6, 2020 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 32033900)
HT t.me/pointstomileshk

I think I better transcribe what was received:

AM live chat
Elsa 客戶支緩

Pax: for both itinerary?
Elsa: our reservation team currently focusing on booking which will be depart this week
Pax: ah?
Elsa: yes, because members need to contact us before the departure date, if they want to waiver the rebooking fee

i can say that is wrong.

i no showed an AM CX awards light the other day. and a few days later rebooked my flight to a different itinerary with less miles too. got tax and difference in miles refunded.

ermen Feb 6, 2020 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 32033954)
I confirm that once I got through to the 8888 number, it took me <5 minutes to reach a rep (as a Diamond). I will add though, it might’ve taken me 10 or so times on three different instances dialing the number to actually get it to go through, instead of just hanging up like it does when it’s super busy. Clearly they are swamped.

Unfortunately, MPC couldn’t solve my complicated ticketing query, and could only recommend I call the 3333 number. Which they couldn’t transfer me to (as indicated above), either so I had to hang up and dial it myself.

And then upon dialing 3333, I couldn’t get through to the first 5+ attempts. However, I think on the 6th or 7th attempt I got through! Waited about 15 minutes after entering my MPC number and talked to an agent.

I think the lesson here is just keep trying and trying and trying. Being an MPC member a long time I am used to just trying again and again and eventually you get through on busy times. But for people not accustomed to this, I could see how they think they’re screwed and totally panic after 2-3x attempts fail.

Also, without a doubt being a Diamond right now has great value Just to drastically cut down your call time. (Although I’m not sure it is worth getting very excited about this Given the situation!)

i had to try 20 times for the AM number...