Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX Flight on AA Ticket Seat Selection!!!???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

HKG-NYC-ATL-HKG

AA tells me to go to CX for seat selection, CX says to call...MP club line tells me they cannot book and that I need to wait until check in,.

I am silver MP and I booked with my AsiaMiles number. AA flight number, CX plane. Revenue. What can I do? Will cancel this ticket if I can't select a seat on the first leg.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by grahamgdogg
HKG-NYC-ATL-HKG

AA tells me to go to CX for seat selection, CX says to call...MP club line tells me they cannot book and that I need to wait until check in,.

I am silver MP and I booked with my AsiaMiles number. AA flight number, CX plane. Revenue. What can I do? Will cancel this ticket if I can't select a seat on the first leg.
I recently got the same runaround. I DMed CX on Twitter and they were able to do this for me. I had to try a few times, some of the reps will say they can’t do anything because it’s an AA ticket. I’m GO, J ticket, not sure if that makes a dif.

Also it wasn’t consistent, but I was able to pull up the seating map on the CX app and select/change my seats for some, but not all the flights.

Good luck!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:40 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Can you add the PNR to your bookings on the CX app?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by grahamgdogg
HKG-NYC-ATL-HKG

An alternative would be if you have the exact seat number you want (and confirm that it is available), ask AA to request the specific seat instead of trying to pull up the seat map. Don't know if that would work for blocked seats and exit row, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.