Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Taking a mini bottle of champagne onboard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking a mini bottle of champagne onboard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:51 pm

I once sat next to a guy who brought his own McDonalds. I would much rather he had a bottle of booze. The smell was awful.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:10 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by nanyang
Somewhat related...

Flew SIN-HKG w/ CX (in J) last week. On longer flights, I like to bring my own meals (high protein, low carb, veggies) with me. I'm used to airlines being willing to plate and heat my meals. Have never done this on CX so asked the crew re CX policies; understood that they are not allowed to store passengers' own meals (totally understandable), but they are also not allowed to heat such meals. Obviously not something I would demand in any case.
I would say this is a unrealistic expectation. Food standards and hygiene etc. What happens if they didn't heat the food correctly? What happens if you got food poisoning from your food sitting unrefrigerated for half a flight? Not worth the risk to them, they have a strict SOP for food preparation and handling. Occasionally I have even had difficulties getting them to warm up a bottle of baby's milk....
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by beach86
I would say this is a unrealistic expectation. Food standards and hygiene etc. What happens if they didn't heat the food correctly? What happens if you got food poisoning from your food sitting unrefrigerated for half a flight? Not worth the risk to them, they have a strict SOP for food preparation and handling. Occasionally I have even had difficulties getting them to warm up a bottle of baby's milk....
this. Though what my wife did when on a strict diet was pre-prepare a container of noodles and then just ask for hot water to add to it.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by peasant
this. Though what my wife did when on a strict diet was pre-prepare a container of noodles and then just ask for hot water to add to it.
Better still, I order a few bowls of noodles and wonton at the bar without the soup and a bowl of the dan dan sauce. which I pack into my meal container. Onboard I will just get hot water from the Y snack and beverage bar, heat up the noodles and wonton, toss in the dan dan sauce...
jerrywu likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:10 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
From the recent AA punching seat incident. 3rd point

Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:40 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
From the recent AA punching seat incident. 3rd point

I'm going to be pedantic - FAA regs do not apply to ZRH-HKG, even if flown on American-made aircraft.

I'm not sure whether CAD has equivalent regulations.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:31 pm

I have asked for a glass of bubbly or prosecco (never asked for champagne) several times when in the back of Cathay flights. I think the only time they didnt bring me a glass when the folks in C and F class had actually emptied the supplies. All other times, ask nicely, dont expect, be patient (it will likely be brought to you after the rest have been served) and possibly mention the occasion in an entertaining manner.

Charm never fails, demands always offends!
jackr27 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.