Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Guy cons his way into business class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:30 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

This guy apparently conned his way into business class by putting on a moonboot and saying that he couldn’t put his foot into the seat.

If this actually happened, I hope CX calls him out and bans him like they banned that girl who tried to con her way to an upgrade with fake letters:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7ViOhFHzAX/
Yoshi212 and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I do have to agree that CX really should ban him, and send their lawyers after him.

I would have no issue if he really had injured his ankle, and was still suffering. And therefore needed the support. But too pretend/fake the need.

CX go for him, with guns blazing!
Sozee and Annalisa12 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:07 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
The ISM could have just moved him to the bulkhead
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:31 am

Programs: QF WP
to be fair it didn’t cost him nothing. Moonboots are expensive and he no longer has his dignity (we can debate whether he had any to start with)
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:39 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
That guy is definitely an asshat. Expect a bunch of copycats being that he instragrammed it.
boss315, ESPECIALROB and Sozee like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:40 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

The video claims that he bought his moonboots at an airside pharmacy - seems weird to me that they would stock them. And that the crew wouldn't notice that he no longer had the boot on once he moved to J.

If it's found that he just made up this video with the assistance of the crew, then he puts the crew in danger.
Sozee likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
The comments on the post are fascinating. Several suspect the video is a con and he paid for the J seat all along. This seems most logical, especially since I'd assume if they were going to upgrade him from Y they'd put him in premium economy and bump someone forward from there if necessary. Although it's not clear how he would have gotten cabin crew to play along at the point when the FA says she'll go look for someone to approve a seat change. He's also got some people with disabilities angry at him and with good reason. Fakers do make airlines (and others) less willing to accommodate those with legitimate needs.
narvik, Sozee, flubber and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:45 am

A few reasons that lead me to think the video is fake and that he actually bought a J ticket:
  1. As mentioned above, the crew could’ve moved him to a bulkhead or heck even PEY
  2. The crew kind of played along - J crew smiling at the camera, HKG ground staff wishing his ankle well in the end
  3. The guy sleeping next to him in his J seat looks 90% like his father (I follow him on Instagram, his dad is featured in many of his posts)
Sozee and FlyPointyEnd like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by sxc
If it's found that he just made up this video with the assistance of the crew, then he puts the crew in danger.
These days, as long as it’s not about politics or China, I’m pretty sure they’ll get a pass.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:01 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Central90210
A few reasons that lead me to think the video is fake and that he actually bought a J ticket:
  1. As mentioned above, the crew could’ve moved him to a bulkhead or heck even PEY
  2. The crew kind of played along - J crew smiling at the camera, HKG ground staff wishing his ankle well in the end
  3. The guy sleeping next to him in his J seat looks 90% like his father (I follow him on Instagram, his dad is featured in many of his posts)
I think his other companion/camera man is flying in Y and he was really ticketed in J.
narvik and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:16 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Also you could slide in the moonboot from the side. It doesn’t have to go in from the top.
Sozee and flubber like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I have to agree it is fake as well. Too many things in the video don't add up.
ESPECIALROB, IBJoel and Sozee like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: CX Gold
If the companion who is filming is seated in Y, how can he go to the J section?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by boybi
If the companion who is filming is seated in Y, how can he go to the J section?
Sneaked in
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:26 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Forget about how he did it. The discussion has deviated. That he conceived it, pull it though and get the cabin crew involved was already wrong. Giving the benefit of the doubt that this is a true encounter as the cabin crew filmed wouldn’t risk their job just for a publicity wanton’s publicity stunt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.