Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cost cuttings in CX J?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:09 pm

The whole "drinking glass" dessert needs to go too. Eton mess, trifle, ginger milk pudding and milk tea pudding just don't cut it.

Last edited by ultrawin; Jan 17, 2020 at 11:28 pm
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by ultrawin
The whole "drinking glass" dessert needs to go too. Eton mess, trifle, ginger milk pudding and milk tea pudding just don't cut it.
The bubble tea pudding is the worst airplane dessert I’ve ever eaten, way worse than any desserts served in Economy, including the Kee Wah cookies on KA Y. 0/100 for me.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by ultrawin
totally agree. I never have dessert anymore since they changed to this garbage.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by hadsst
Anyone noticed the real cost-cutting in J: the replacement of dental floss+toothpick with a simple toothpick?
Originally Posted by Central90210
Perhaps they are on the way out, but they were available on all of my recent short and long haul flights, including the aforementioned YYZ flight a few days ago. Again, I bring my own floss and never use their "floss".
After reading this thread I actually started to pay attention and I agree, it is on the way out cause on my flight earlier this month CX provided dental floss toothpick combo + old seventy-eight amenity kit with socks and no slippers but a couple of days ago it was regular toothpick + new bamford kit with slippers and no socks (yes, this time I actually opened the kit before giving it to relatives ...).
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Also flew a mid-haul HKG-CGK flight last week, I was surprised that there was no hot towel service before and after the meal, just after boarding and pre-landing.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
I flew BA and Finnair this week, Socks (& slippers on Fin), salt and pepper shakers, amazing real desserts, and a pen in the kit.

The issue isn't the airline..it's your choice of airlines. CX is now far from the best, just make better choices.
Both the Finnair A350 and the BA A350 have significantly better hard product to CX.
CX offering is cheap and low class these days,
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:23 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I thought AY 359 J's even more cramped than CX - AYers were using CX as comparison

And BA has really cramped galleys so really slow service
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:10 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
I flew BA and Finnair this week, Socks (& slippers on Fin), salt and pepper shakers, amazing real desserts, and a pen in the kit.
As far as BA goes, yes their dessert doesn't come in a glass, but it is TINY.

And as percysmith notes, the Finnair cirrus seat is the more high density version of the seat compared to CX.

I prefer CX's dessert in a glass to a pot of ice cream.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
1. Socks gone
2. S&P now a generic fast food restaurant packaging like one rather than the Australian (or wherever) premium capsule ones they used to hand out
3. Floss - yes also gone
I have no use for those socks, and am happy to give away a bag of them. Having said that, there were socks in the premium economy kit in late December. I wonder if they kept it in PE but took it out of Biz.

I also never understood that toothpick/floss thing. It's better than nothing, but the utility is limited. If you really need to floss after a meal, carry real dental floss. Honestly, I would rather see CX do what SQ does and just have dental kits in the lavatory, or encourage pax to bring their own. There is so much waste in the amenity kit.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
I thought AY 359 J's even more cramped than CX - AYers were using CX as comparison

A blogger wrote the other day that BA's A350 can't fly long haul routes because the galleys aren't large enough to stock two meals on a full flight.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by fallinasleep
A blogger wrote the other day that BA's A350 can't fly long haul routes because the galleys aren't large enough to stock two meals on a full flight.
Which was refuted by BA CC in the BA forum but nevertheless it was admitted that service is slow.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by percysmith

So you too noticed the slow service due to cramped A350 small galley? I thought I was being picky...on my flight to YYZ the dinner service took 2 + hours where as the 777300er took about 1 and 20 hours. Both full in J

I talked to the FA about this and they say their is barely enough space for their carry on luggage...
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by eagle215
So you too noticed the slow service due to cramped A350 small galley? I thought I was being picky...on my flight to YYZ the dinner service took 2 + hours where as the 777300er took about 1 and 20 hours. Both full in J

I talked to the FA about this and they say their is barely enough space for their carry on luggage...
I was citing the BA thread on the galley discussion:

Refute range limitation: A350 -1000 in ba config can only store one meal service [rumour]

Service speed: A350 -1000 in ba config can only store one meal service [rumour]
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:46 pm
Suspended

False. Way more room. Two full meals eat served
percysmith likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Dense? I had loads of room. Menu?Infinitely better, blankets and pillows? Better. Amenity bag? Better Dessert? There were 3 on offer.. as much as one liked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.