Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

AM 10% bonus for transfers from credit cards in Jan

AM 10% bonus for transfers from credit cards in Jan

Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Just got my bonus points too!
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:26 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by percysmith
AM 10% rebates - Bankcomm missing. Will have to write in
Dear Mr Smith

Thank you for contacting the Asia Miles Service Centre.

This is to explain registered Members who convert points from the designated Credit Cards based on the regular miles conversion rate and has shown on your Asia Miles statement within the Promotion Period,will be entitled to extra 10% Miles

However, we noticed the 4 transactions you have provided are the bonus miles offered by the bank, hence those transactions would not be entitle to earn the extra miles

If there is anything further that we can help with, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Dear Mr Smith
Dear Mr. [ ]

Thank you for your reply. I regret you have made two misunderstandings:

1. The conversions are labelled as “BOCOM CUP Diamond Card/Platinum Credit Card-Bonus Points, HK” . I believe you wilfully overlooked the “Points” part of the label to justify your assessment the conversions are not entitled to the Promotion.

2. I attach the four forms effecting the conversions (Bankcomm conversion forms.pdf). The form template was downloaded from https://www.hk.bankcomm.com/hk/shtml...nnelId=2004980 (under “下載「飛行里程計劃登記及里程換領表格」"). This form effects REGULAR conversions of Bank of Communications Bonus Points into Asia Miles. There is nothing “bonus” about the conversion as you assert.

Furthermore 3. Asia Miles had made a similar mistake during the Mega Miles Giveaway 2014 regarding similar conversions labelled “BOCOM CUP Diamond Card-Bonus Points, HK”.
I made a similar request (1.pdf), acknowledged as KMM[ ] (2.pdf).
The missing miles (15,000) were credited in February 2015 (3.pdf).
Why should this Promotion treat the same conversions any differently?!

Please reconsider your assessment. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Dear Mr. [ ]

Thank you for your reply. I regret you have made two misunderstandings
Bankcomm - AM coughed up

Check your AM before further complaining as the missuss account also got credited without further complaint.

Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: CX MPC
Bankcomm - AM coughed up Check your AM before further complaining as the missuss account also got credited without further complaint.
Yep, many thanks to percysmith once again. The bonuses for my Bankcomm cards just posted yesterday (without any intervention on my behalf), presumably because they went back and checked all the Bankcomm credits as a result of his complaint.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dannyhk
Yep, many thanks to percysmith once again. The bonuses for my Bankcomm cards just posted yesterday (without any intervention on my behalf), presumably because they went back and checked all the Bankcomm credits as a result of his complaint.
Really the most time consuming part was to dig up their dirty laundry from 2014 and show they have form.
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
moved

Last edited by mhdena; Mar 22, 2020 at 11:18 am
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: CX Gold
I just missed out..

Damn I tried to do it on 29/1, the (biggest) banks Internet banking form didnt work, had to ring up and did a manual transfer hence the delays.
Ended up the activity date being 3/2 (first business day of Feb) and not being qualified

Last edited by dunflyer; Mar 20, 2020 at 10:16 pm Reason: Spelling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.