Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Difficulty paying fees for award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2019, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,BA,DEL,SPG,MAR

I made a booking using Asia Miles on Dec 19 2019 LAX to SGN in F.

I was told at time of booking I had until December 22 5:00 pm Hong Kong time to pay for the flight. The way Asia Miles takes payment is to call the customer for payment. No one has called and I only have the reservation hold for another 12 hours or so.

Encountered a fair amount of inefficiency while booking the ticket and am concerned that if Asia Miles does not call I could lose the ticket. In the past they have called within 4-5 hours. This is a pricey ticket & I do not want to lose it.

Any suggestions?

Best

Guido88
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
When did the redemption clear and when did you process the redemption online. The revenue folks at CX are pretty efficient and usually call in a day, two if really busy. You could call your local reservations office as well and highlight the case.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You can also log onto Asia Miles and find your reservation and make payment that way.
lewisyu and wyskevin like this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
You don’t have to worry about it, as long as all the ticket are CX marketed, the flights usually won’t be cancelled if the reservations have been in queue for ticketing.

if you really worry about it, you can ask a friendly AM agent to transfer you to the ticketing department directly. It may be quite a wait on hold, but maybe it gives you peace of mind.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 11:28 am
Original Poster

I just got the call. I was concerned as F on CX West Coast to South East Asia is getting harder to find & book. What I was told is that because the flight is so far out (October 2020) that it was not a priority for CX revenue. Easy to pay online for LAX to HKG but going onward to other countries does not show online This booking is LAX to SGS which required me making the CX award ticket over the phone. I booked the award travel on Thursday.

I have done this flight several times and quite enjoy the service, the Caviar & Salmon starter are hard to beat.

Thanks everybody for sharing your thoughts

Guido88
Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Guido88
I just got the call. I was concerned as F on CX West Coast to South East Asia is getting harder to find & book. What I was told is that because the flight is so far out (October 2020) that it was not a priority for CX revenue. Easy to pay online for LAX to HKG but going onward to other countries does not show online This booking is LAX to SGS which required me making the CX award ticket over the phone. I booked the award travel on Thursday.

I have done this flight several times and quite enjoy the service, the Caviar & Salmon starter are hard to beat.

Thanks everybody for sharing your thoughts

Guido88
You have not flown CX F for a long time.
The caviar and baltik salmon starter was replaced by a caviar service years ago. Unfortunately the quality of the caviar served is awful.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

You are correct its been a few years. I may have to bring my own.

Best

Guido88

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.