Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade from J to F on 77A / 77H

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite
Upgrade from J to F on 77A / 77H

Hi, I have an upcoming CX flight from SGN - HKG early Jan. and I noticed the config has been changing a few times.
The most recently updated one is a 77A (or 77H) as it seems to have an F cabin (Rows 1 and 2 have a 1-1-1 layout from what I can see in the photo) but the pics of the seats seem to be exactly the same as J.

I'm booked in J for this flight and wanted to see if I can upgrade to F by paying cash, so out of curiosity I tried to make a dummy booking for the same route in F for dates +/- 5 days of my travel date but F fares do not come up.
So my question is do they upgrade pax from J to F (presumably only CX own elites or OW Emerald pax). I'm travelling with another pax who is OW Emerald through AA but we're on separate PNRs.

Is it possible to upgrade to F at check in by paying cash ?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Proper F will unlikely be offered. They will probably either close off the section entirely, or if it's open they will serve it "F class seats / J class service" and will allow elites to take them.
gambda likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by gambda
Is it possible to upgrade to F at check in by paying cash ?
Nope.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
In short, F is being sold as J. Being a regional flight I wouldn’t count on the equipment sticking, but if it does you can try asking at check-in. As a non-CX OWE I’ve never been able to select those seats online, but asking at the airport/lounge has never failed me. Unless, of course, they’ve already been taken.
gambda likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to report back and say that my companion (who is OW Emerald) called CX and we were both upgraded to F for free and we were assigned 2D and 2K.
Short 2.5 hour flight but it was nice to try the F seat for the first time. Service was superb
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:54 pm

Just wanted to report back and say that my companion (who is OW Emerald) called CX and we were both upgraded to F for free and we were assigned 2D and 2K.
Short 2.5 hour flight but it was nice to try the F seat for the first time. Service was superb
Actually it was not a upgrade, they just assigned F seat with J service
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:57 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
CX doesn't offer F service on SGN anymore! But indeed the seat is the F seat. Technically, what you had was "F class sold as J" or something to that extent.

I presume things like prestige Champagne (Krug, vintage prestige Deutz, Tattinger Comtes de Champagne) weren't present? That's generally the easiest way to figure it out on a short flight if you're unfamiliar. If so, please report back because that would be a very interesting development!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
There’s no more FCL service to any regional port save for HND and PEK. Period...
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by cyster2007
Actually it was not a upgrade, they just assigned F seat with J service
Really? Tell that to the people who say premium classes is ONLY about the seat
percysmith likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

It was F seat not the full F service.
But from the outset, for me it was being able to try the F seat while bearing in mind I wouldn't get the full F service as other OP had pointed out when I had posted the initial question, so it was still an "upgrade" to me when they moved us from 17 D/G to 2D/K.
IMO overall service in the cabin was better than what I have previously experienced in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.