Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award date change after departure

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Award date change after departure

As I no longer need to use a ticket and do not know the exact date in the future I will be traveling, is it possible to change my ticketed award post departure for $25 or will the ticket validity be voided if I no show?

Are there any other options other than changing to a random date out in the future and change it once again when I finalize my plans?

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:54 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by hl176
As I no longer need to use a ticket and do not know the exact date in the future I will be traveling, is it possible to change my ticketed award post departure for $25 or will the ticket validity be voided if I no show?

Are there any other options other than changing to a random date out in the future and change it once again when I finalize my plans?

Thanks
Can no-show second segment then rebook it to another flight within one year of ticketing date.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by percysmith
Can no-show second segment then rebook it to another flight within one year of ticketing date.
Oh, it's not a multi-segment ticket but rather a one way, single segment redemption; can I just no-show and don't do OLCI?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:08 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by hl176
Oh, it's not a multi-segment ticket but rather a one way, single segment redemption; can I just no-show and don't do OLCI?
Also can
hl176 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:25 am

Keep life simple...

Why pay $25 for a random date change and then another change once you may have an actual date for the flight which seems to be uncertain from your post. Life may be simpler just cancelling and moving on.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by walkup
Why pay $25 for a random date change and then another change once you may have an actual date for the flight which seems to be uncertain from your post. Life may be simpler just cancelling and moving on.
I should've been more clear; I know that I will need to fly this flight again in a certain month again in the spring but I just do not know which exact day.

My question was whether or not if I could just no show and pay the rebooking fee instead since paying the cancellation fee makes no sense if I know I need to fly that route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.