Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Adding Extra Leg on Ticketed Award Booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

I currently have an award booking in J from HKG-SFO on CX892 and would like to add a leg from KIX-HKG prior to the aforementioned leg. I see availability on AsiaMiles for 85,000 miles total whereas I redeemed 70,000 for my original booking. I have MR points I can transfer over to cover the cost. What would be the best way to add the additional leg?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: CX Gold, MB Titanium
Any chance to call them and ask since you already have a booking?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
You will need to pay a 100USD(?) reissue fee in addition to the additional miles charged. Just give asiamiles a call and they should be able to sort it out for you (provided that there are no married segment non-sense)

Just saying, you can also redeem a new ticket from KIX-HKG using asiamiles for 25k in J or 10k in Y. If you give them a call, they can put the new ticket in the same booking reference so all bags can be checked through, so depending your valuation of miles this is also possible.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:28 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Yeah I was thinking would OP want to cross necessarily from Long-Type 2 into Ultra-Long

Maybe only if KIX-HKG was Business

Economy Standard reissue: 30--->42k AM
Business Standard reissue: 70-->85k AM
+US$100/10,000AM fee

Stand-alone Economy Standard: 10k AM
Stand-alone Business Standard: 25k AM

Because both sectors are CX, CX will check through (written policy) and protect (unwritten policy) as if one booking anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.