Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Reset requalification clock, w/4 mths to go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi gang, I'm currently GO with 4 mths to go before I hit my annual renewal date. I've already requalified for GO half a year ago, and am about 400 pts away from DM.

Question: chances are slim that I'll be able to hit DM before my membership year is up in 4 mths.
What are my chances that MPC will be able to reset my membership clock now (vs waiting until the clock runs out in 4 mths)? I'd love to get an headstart and early ramp, on requal for 2020.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
You can reset, but will still only have 12months for the next qualification period. For getting a ‘head start’, you might want to remove your MPC number from bookings in the 4 remaining months of this year, and, claim them in the next membership year (MPC goes by posting date, not flight date). Though There have been reports of flights still posting to one’s account after removing the MPC number..
infinitium likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:58 am

Simply call the hotline and request additional three months, i.e. a total of seven months to get the 400CP to DM.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Donkitravel
Simply call the hotline and request additional three months, i.e. a total of seven months to get the 400CP to DM.
Thanks, but I emailed MPC and had them reset the clock for me. I'd rather use the incremental CP to requalify for GL v.s. trying to hit a stretch DM goal which I know I won't be able to hold past the 1-year mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.