Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Flying from Toronto to Singapore via HK with Cathay...is this risky?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying from Toronto to Singapore via HK with Cathay...is this risky?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:14 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by eagle215
You can request a stamp from immigration.
Are you sure?

Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Transportation links for major tourist areas have generally been unobstructed. Might not have the choice of means of transport (i.e. no airport express or limited operating schedule, no bus, taxi only, etc.) but generally fine. The slow boarding pass and passport check process before entering the terminal might be more frustrating than trying to get the airport.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Are you on one ticket or two? This makes a big difference, as if you are on two and your don't present yourself for boarding in time for your second flight, it will automatically cancel the whole itinerary.
I'm on one ticket. Cathay on both legs, i.e. YYZ-HKG and HKG-SIN.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by eagle215
You can request a stamp from immigration.
Not for at least 2 years. They give you a slip of paper you can keep or staple on a passport page if you want. Even at the e-channel same little paper.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by surfwmn
is it still like a little sticker? I got something like that when I last visited HKG and added it to my passport.
Not a stamp nor a sticker. It is a maybe 2" X 2" square paper with a few details like when you have to leave by. You are supposed to keep it to show with your passport in such circumstances where someone asks (no idea who, maybe the police?) and it is not asked for by passport control when you leave. They already know the details.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by percysmith
Are you sure?
I did not request a stamp last time I visited but they stamped my passport, this was in June. I can't see why not.
percysmith likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.