Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combine two booking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Combine two booking

Has anyone been able to combine two booking? The first booking is AM redemption with two adult, the second booking is purchased via travel agent, they are exact same day, same flight, same cabin. The reason I am asking because one of them is silver member, so I want to combine both booking in order to have advance seat selection, any thought?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Won't be able to combine booking but you can call MPC and ask them to "link"/"cross-reference" the two bookings, which actually doesn't really do anything.

As for advanced seat selection, in the past I have been in your exact same situation and was able to call-in to select seats for my companions who are on the same flight same cabin. Although I somewhat recalled reading somewhere on this forum that they have changed the policy and no longer allows that, so YMMV.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by etkuo
Won't be able to combine booking but you can call MPC and ask them to "link"/"cross-reference" the two bookings, which actually doesn't really do anything.

As for advanced seat selection, in the past I have been in your exact same situation and was able to call-in to select seats for my companions who are on the same flight same cabin. Although I somewhat recalled reading somewhere on this forum that they have changed the policy and no longer allows that, so YMMV.
Few years ago I did call MPC and no problem getting the seat, but I read the MPC silver benefit and it stated “same booking”, anyway I will try, thx
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:02 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by etkuo
I've done this recently with Manila. One CS just kept telling me to go away and another did it right away. So really is a HUACA thing.

Edit 31/10: wait I misspoke. Two PNR is really impossible now. The HUACA case above was on one PNR - even getting some pushback on that one.
cyster2007 likes this.

Last edited by percysmith; Oct 31, 2019 at 7:19 am
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by cyster2007
Has anyone been able to combine two booking? The first booking is AM redemption with two adult, the second booking is purchased via travel agent, they are exact same day, same flight, same cabin. The reason I am asking because one of them is silver member, so I want to combine both booking in order to have advance seat selection, any thought?
I'm confused - are both people on both PNRs?

First thing, as others said, it is impossible to combine PNRs once they are split or created individually. It is also impossible to have one PNR where not everyone is travelling together on every flight. However, it is theoretically possible to have the award booking set up first, and then have a travel agent book revenue segments on top of it. I've tried it myself, although I am not certain of all ramifications yet, and this is certainly not a recommended practice.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I'm confused - are both people on both PNRs?

First thing, as others said, it is impossible to combine PNRs once they are split or created individually. It is also impossible to have one PNR where not everyone is travelling together on every flight. However, it is theoretically possible to have the award booking set up first, and then have a travel agent book revenue segments on top of it. I've tried it myself, although I am not certain of all ramifications yet, and this is certainly not a recommended practice.
4 People travel together, 2 of them(silver member) are in the award booking, other 2 people is booked with travel agent, all of 4 are exact same flight, same date, same cabin, the reason I asked is the seat assignment since I read the MPC silver benefit for the advance seat selection which stated”travel companion on the same booking”
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:18 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by percysmith
I've done this recently with Manila. One CS just kept telling me to go away and another did it right away. So really is a HUACA thing.
Edit 31/10: wait I misspoke. Two PNR is really impossible now. The HUACA case above was on one PNR - even getting some pushback on that one.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by percysmith
OK, since the one book with travel agent has the 5 years old child, we will still try to call MPC and hopefully get a good result, thanks for answering
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by cyster2007
4 People travel together, 2 of them(silver member) are in the award booking, other 2 people is booked with travel agent, all of 4 are exact same flight, same date, same cabin, the reason I asked is the seat assignment since I read the MPC silver benefit for the advance seat selection which stated”travel companion on the same booking”
If you have 2 award and 2 revenue, they are booked in different classes (even if in the same cabin), so no way they can be put in 1 PNR in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.