FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   MPC Early Upgrade to GO from SL cut-off points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1992789-mpc-early-upgrade-go-sl-cut-off-points.html)

tonychowmh Oct 25, 2019 3:16 pm

MPC Early Upgrade to GO from SL cut-off points

I know there have been many cases for SL members to get upgraded to GO before reaching 600 CP. Would like to see the minimal points any of you have ever had for an early upgrade. Don't want to waste points.

If I credit all flights now, it would be 555CPs, but I can cut down to 535CPs or even lower. My next sets of flights would bring me an extra of 100 CPs, don't want to waste any CPs as I wish to hit DM later on.

And for DM from GO, any cases of early upgrade from GO as well even not reaching 1200CPs? Thanks everyone!

CXFlyerBoy Oct 25, 2019 7:02 pm

Unless you have solid spending in F or J, don’t count on if. I tried renewing at 520 and was told no.

ernestnywang Oct 25, 2019 9:05 pm

I'm at 555 points now and still SL. I would like to remain this way as I don't want to reset my membership year cycle. I will get GO the month my SL is due to expire, so it will work out well. I fly mostly in Q class.

tos2018 Oct 28, 2019 2:43 am

I was 530 and turned to GO last year.

lixiaojuventus Oct 28, 2019 4:17 am

Originally Posted by tos2018 (Post 31673157)
I was 530 and turned to GO last year.

Was the early upgrade automatic, or did you ask for it? In addition, were you mostly flying F/J or mostly Y?

tos2018 Oct 28, 2019 4:21 am

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus (Post 31673266)
Was the early upgrade automatic, or did you ask for it? In addition, were you mostly flying F/J or mostly Y?

Hi
I didn't ask for that, but I did call to ask for a grace period (1 month).
I am still flying Y mostly.
Cheers.

Tos.

lixiaojuventus Oct 28, 2019 4:24 am

Originally Posted by tos2018 (Post 31673272)
Hi
I didn't ask for that, but I did call to ask for a grace period (1 month).
I am still flying Y mostly.
Cheers.

Tos.

Thanks for your reply! I am in the same boat, as I will reach about 540 points after my next trip, and I wanted to see how likely it is to receive an early upgrade.

the.wandering.aengus Oct 28, 2019 8:16 pm

I received it at 550 in January - all Economy or Premium Economy flying. I didn't request it, came automatically.

sparkj Oct 29, 2019 12:04 am

570, about 2 weeks before my reset date.
I took my MPC off my flights earlier that month, and if they hadn't upgraded me, I was going to call them and tell them that I had taken these flights but was just waiting for MPC to credit me the club points.

lixiaojuventus Nov 19, 2019 7:08 am

A data point: I just reached 575 pts today, and within a few hours, I was bumped to GO from SL. Currently I am still several months away from my renewal date (May 2020). I am happy to get bumped early, but I will reach 600 pts in two week's time anyways:)

ernestnywang Nov 19, 2019 10:35 am

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus (Post 31753807)
A data point: I just reached 575 pts today, and within a few hours, I was bumped to GO from SL. Currently I am still several months away from my renewal date (May 2020). I am happy to get bumped early, but I will reach 600 pts in two week's time anyways:)

I would like to keep my membership cycle and really hope the early upgrade will not happen to me.

ernestnywang Nov 19, 2019 2:08 pm

For the record, I just realized they upgraded me to GO yesterday. I called to ask for reversal (I know it's a weird request), and they agreed. They said I would have my original membership exp. date (Jan. 2020), but my tier point would go back to 0. Once I make up the difference, I can call them and they will to put me back to GO. They did warn me that if I don't make up the difference, I will not be able to get GO but only SL for the next membership year.

tonychowmh Nov 19, 2019 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus (Post 31753807)

Your data is very useful. May I ask how many club points your flight earned you in your last sector before reaching 575? Thanks. So that I have an idea the cut off should be somewhere in-between, so that I don't waste 1 point... haha...

tonychowmh Nov 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Still 550 when they upgraded you to GO yesterday?

ernestnywang Nov 19, 2019 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by tonychowmh (Post 31755369)
Still 550 when they upgraded you to GO yesterday?

555 points, but that was the points balance since late Oct.