Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to GO before reaching 600 CP?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

My silver membership year end this October and in September I already have 550 CP. I have some flights that haven’t been credited but planned to credit in Oct to reach Gold and maintain October ending-month.

However they just proactively upgraded me to GO in Sep (and with membership year end moved to Sep) I don’t mind one month less as I will have 50CP that can credit toward next year. But I wonder if this kind of thing happens regularly? I’ve heard stories where people email CX and ask for early upgrade/few months extension, but this is the first time I know that they will do this kind of stuff proactively without request?

anyone has similar stories?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Zerothman
But I wonder if this kind of thing happens regularly?
It is going to be regular at least for a while.

CX is not doing good at all. So if an early upgrade helps customer retention, sure. Why not?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 1:45 am

This happened to me in January - I had 550 TP and they gave me gold immediately.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:36 am

Not surprising. I got 400+ club points only last year but they gave me Gold
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: CX MPC, AC Aeroplan
Happened to my (a few years ago) and my friend (a few months ago). Interestingly for both cases IIRC, we have flights booked within a month after the early upgrade. I wonder if there's logic in the system that if you have upcoming flights, early upgrade might kick in and you can experience the upgraded benefits earlier.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I need to be careful as I'm trying to delay my upgrade to GO.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: CX Gold, MB Titanium
I've always had to call for early renewal. Although for the past 2 years, I usually renewed my GO status on the outbound and wanted to keep the CP points for the for the return, hence the early renewal. Never got it automatically.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:50 am

I had 580 points mid August and I wasn't upgraded to gold until I had a flight which gave me 25 points more near the end of September.
ernestnywang likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.