FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   First Class Catering changes - October 2019 onwards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1988696-first-class-catering-changes-october-2019-onwards.html)

G-CIVC Sep 19, 2019 11:00 am

First Class Catering changes - October 2019 onwards

New stuff coming soon for First Class. Will start with FRA next month and progressively rolled out for the next half year (incl PEK and HND)

2) New cutlery and menu. Big changes coming for menu offerings (which is good!). More seat side pouring (not just drinks but think soups, sauces...)

4) There'll be a 'pre-PDB' setup of Sparkling Tea, oshibori and high touch card (finally! my complaints of the missing card has been heard!)

QRC3288 Sep 20, 2019 8:48 pm

Anyone know timing?

Does C-GIVC or anyone else know, after FRA what the roll-out timing or schedule will look like? Does "next half year" mean starting now and taking 6 months total? Or something else?

Selfishly interested in BOS, JFK and SFO which I have coming up before year-end. But I'd be keen on the schedule overall.

G-CIVC Sep 21, 2019 11:09 am

The DO&CO US ports have the priority, so JFK will have a chance of having it by the end of the year. :)

SW7London Sep 22, 2019 12:36 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 31548720)
The DO&CO US ports have the priority, so JFK will have a chance of having it by the end of the year. :)

G-CIVC - thanks for the scoop. Well overdue.

I would have thought LHR would be a prioirty given the market, and the number of daily of flights.

QRC3288 Sep 22, 2019 2:24 am

Originally Posted by SW7London (Post 31550177)
G-CIVC - thanks for the scoop. Well overdue.

I would have thought LHR would be a prioirty given the market, and the number of daily of flights.

Although LHR has more flights, JFK has more First seats. Multiple of the LHR frequencies are non-F planes.

I actually think LAX gets more F than LHR, or at least equal amounts.

Although regardless I agree with your sentiment that LHR is important. I'm just not sure that's how the calculus is done when things roll out though, if the past is any guide. Logistics and other factors I think play a bigger part. Bottom line is in the grand scheme of things, the roll outs are fairly quick, even though they seem long to us.

And it would be equally passing logic to say it might even be better to work out the finks on less important routes first.

I think it's mostly logistics / manpower / crew base / etc. (the OP refers to outport caterer, etc.) for what goes first, than which is the most important route. Just my 2 cents.

G-CIVC Sep 22, 2019 5:19 am

Tentative timeline is for ALL Do&co ports to be getting it by the end of the year (FRA MXP LHR JFK LAX ORD), fret not!

Dr. HFH Sep 22, 2019 7:28 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 31550501)
Tentative timeline is for ALL Do&co ports to be getting it by the end of the year (FRA MXP LHR JFK LAX ORD), fret not!

So I'm going to have to fly to JFK and then AA or B6 to BOS rather than 812? Rats!

GeezerCouple Sep 22, 2019 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 31550711)
So I'm going to have to fly to JFK and then AA or B6 to BOS rather than 812? Rats!

We'll continue to be quite pleased to travel on the "old" CX F. :)

GC

ernestnywang Sep 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 31548720)

Sorry, what does DO&CO mean?

tsingtaojohn Sep 22, 2019 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang (Post 31551635)
Sorry, what does DO&CO mean?

It's a catering company. Cathay use them wherever they are available.

PacificSunrise Sep 23, 2019 11:13 am

Originally Posted by tsingtaojohn (Post 31552086)
It's a catering company. Cathay use them wherever they are available.

Believe not wherever they are available

sxc Sep 24, 2019 8:20 pm

I have re-arranged threads to allow better discussion of the catering changes in First.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator

AlwaysOnTheRoad Oct 2, 2019 8:48 am

1 Oct 2019 HKG-ORD. I did not notice any catering changes. Deutz Champagne not Krug. Caviar is King's Imperial. Increasingly, everything is labeled "Property of Cathay Pacific". Service was very good.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b4a6f26299.jpg

Not sure about the type... Sevruga, etc.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6748b04466.jpg

All bottles of wine labelled... Property of Cathay Pacific.

sxc Oct 2, 2019 5:42 pm

New F catering is only on LHR, FRA and MXP at the moment.

HKGglobaltrotter Oct 2, 2019 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 31587918)
New F catering is only on LHR, FRA and MXP at the moment.

Great! I got my MXP flight next week - will report back on what's 'new' after!