Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

First Class Catering changes - October 2019 onwards

First Class Catering changes - October 2019 onwards

Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
It appears that I had the old catering on 881 and 882. No seatside pouring, old salt/pepper shakers. Explains things.

The claypot rice dish was available ex HKG and I joked that I would get it if it was cooked on charcoal. Impossible on a plane, I know.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: CX MPC DM, SQ Krisflyer Elite Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Has anyone flown in F this month? Have a flight planned next week to LHR I hope Krug 2004 is still on the menu!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by sxc
There are two silver bowls on each setting. What are these for? Salt and Pepper?
The salt is red Himalayan salt
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:08 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Just flew back on Dec 3 from JFK (CX841). Yup, still that horrible caviar by King Imperial and old style catering on my flight. Also they did not serve champagne on the ground ex-JFK. Crew claimed it was due to breakfast service but we all know very well why they couldn't serve champagne as PDB...
FYI Krug 2004 is back on my flight; that is probably the only highlight out of the entire menu. CX F catering is seriously behind the competition.
CX did serve champagne on the ground on CX845 this month so maybe it was indeed due to breakfast service? Or maybe the issue was with those CX841 crew.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:56 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by Rivarix
CX did serve champagne on the ground on CX845 this month so maybe it was indeed due to breakfast service? Or maybe the issue was with those CX841 crew.
Yes this is due to CX841 breakfast service during winter months. But still, not having bubbly as pre-departure beverage in F cabin on their flagship route (JFK being the most expensive F route in their network) is just plain cheap; no other words to put it.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Chubbychun
Has anyone flown in F this month? Have a flight planned next week to LHR I hope Krug 2004 is still on the menu!
On 253 today and sad to announce that Krug is not on the menu. Replaced by Deutz
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:21 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Yea a few days ago SFO. It was Deutz 2006. (Vs Krug 04 when I flew in December. I can't remember what I had in October.)
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:34 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Is there an alternate months pattern for the champagne? Then we could predict what you’re going to get.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:21 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Krug 04 more than likely to pop up on even numbered months it seems!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Yea a few days ago SFO. It was Deutz 2006. (Vs Krug 04 when I flew in December. I can't remember what I had in October.)
October was Amour de Deutz.

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Krug 04 more than likely to pop up on even numbered months it seems!
Even numbered months would be the way to go then, Krug and Cathay Delight!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:24 am

Probably not that important but the menu and welcome card has already changed its colour, from Green to Silver. Id say quite fast for a change given the new service was just rolled out a few months ago. Although I did ask the cabin crew whether this was seasonal but they said its a complete change.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Probably not that important but the menu and welcome card has already changed its colour, from Green to Silver. Id say quite fast for a change given the new service was just rolled out a few months ago. Although I did ask the cabin crew whether this was seasonal but they said its a complete change.
Seems odd to change colours so often.

The hunter green was beautiful and consistent with the PYE pyjamas.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
HKG-LAX had William Deutz Millesime 2006 as well on Jan 6th; while I was looking forward to the 2004 Krug the Deutz was good and I managed to have 3 glasses before takeoff so guess I can't say I didn't enjoy it
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ryan182
HKG-LAX had William Deutz Millesime 2006 as well on Jan 6th; while I was looking forward to the 2004 Krug the Deutz was good and I managed to have 3 glasses before takeoff so guess I can't say I didn't enjoy it
On 253 today and sad to announce that Krug is not on the menu. Replaced by Deutz
Was it Amour de Deutz Millesime 2006, or just Deutz Millesime 2006? Asking because the former is much better
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:24 pm

Deutz Cuvee "william Deutz" Champagne, France 2006

According to the menu, it is "Deutz Cuvee "William Deutz" Champagne, France 2006"

Live replying from CX 885 first class cabin, I got the F/A to show me the bottle.

Carfield

Last edited by Carfield; Jan 16, 2020 at 12:20 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.