Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

First Class Catering changes - October 2019 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Catering changes - October 2019 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
1 Oct 2019 HKG-ORD. I did not notice any catering changes. Deutz Champagne not Krug. Caviar is King's Imperial. Increasingly, everything is labeled "Property of Cathay Pacific". Service was very good.

I also got this Caviar on CX 865 departing Vancouver on 30.Sep 02:20am.

I haven't taken First for a few months, but I think the previous brand of Caviar was better.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
1 Oct 2019 HKG-ORD. I did not notice any catering changes. Deutz Champagne not Krug. Caviar is King's Imperial. Increasingly, everything is labeled "Property of Cathay Pacific". Service was very good.

Not sure about the type... Sevruga, etc.

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I also got this Caviar on CX 865 departing Vancouver on 30.Sep 02:20am.

I haven't taken First for a few months, but I think the previous brand of Caviar was better.
Unfortunately this caviar you guys mention isn't part of the "new" service. It's definitely a service cut, at least for now until the new F service rolls out.

It's touched on more in this other thread from a month ago: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...on-thread.html. I haven't had it yet, but what the other posters said matches what I was able to find out about it online. The brand (which is just repackaging it) describes it as a perfect caviar to put on "canapes". Lol. I translate that to mean "our lowest quality caviar."

I complained about the Calvisius but in hindsight, appreciate what you have...
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I complained about the Calvisius but in hindsight, appreciate what you have...
OMG, the Calvisius was my favorite! Sad it’s no longer on CX flights - hope they bring that back.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:45 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...l#first-dining

Pictures of the new service here.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: CX Diamond, UA Platinum, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat

Not sure about the type... Sevruga, etc.

All bottles of wine labelled... Property of Cathay Pacific.
I believe this is labeled to help prevent theft and re-sale of these items.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
What is the line on the back under "STURGEON ROE, SALT" and what language is it in?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Google is your friend. They are the biological names of two different types of sturgeon. Huso dauricus is Kaluga, Acipenser schrenckii is Amur (or Japanese) sturgeon. According to the producer's website, these roe are the product of hybrids between these two species.

Last edited by christep; Oct 14, 2019 at 8:05 am
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:02 am

Tried the new caviar last week. They were really bland and plain. Completely passable.

Did a background check and found the lovely origin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaluga_Queen

海博瑞鲟 Hybrid sturgeon caviar (Acipenser schrenckiid · Huso dauricus)
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by sxc
The new F amenity kits are nice
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Any reports on the actual new catering that has been rolled out?

Is it still only on limited Do&Co routes? I am flying in F in early November BOS-HKG, which is not a Do&Co outpost. Connecting to HKG-PEK also in CX F (77W).
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Any reports on the actual new catering that has been rolled out?

Is it still only on limited Do&Co routes? I am flying in F in early November BOS-HKG, which is not a Do&Co outpost. Connecting to HKG-PEK also in CX F (77W).
I had it on the HKG-LHR 253 yesterday. I think it's an improvement. I wasn't sure when I saw the actual menu (which is now a booklet rather than the paper attached to the board) but I thought the actual food - I just had the soup followed by the beef and then cheese - was slightly better quality than the previous iteration. There is a lot of seatside service, pouring the soup, placing the main and the vegetables separately, the salt and pepper (while still missing from business class unless you ask for it) is in small containers on the table - still no return of the old balik salmon with the caviar!. The burger is still the standby for snacks and I don't think there's anything in F like the snack box that sits in the business class cabin at door 2. The new pillow is I think an improvement, you get a blanket as well as a duvet if you want it so that ties in with the new food. The second meal was the fruit plate (when was it ever not the fruit plate!) followed by, for me anyway, spare ribs, which were good and actually tasted of something unlike the fish dishes.
The cabin crew did say that it was slowly being rolled out and that this was the first time they had delivered the new service, which I also thought was fine but there were only 4 of us in F with two cabin crew members there.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:21 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Was there caviar though?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
There was indeed, although I turned it down since I'm not a fan. I always liked the balik salmon part of the balik salmon and caviar service!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:16 am

Any photos of the new F catering, other than the caviar?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
I am gonna fly to JFK in F next week. Does anyone know if JFK has the new F catering yet? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by HKGglobaltrotter; Nov 19, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.