FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Booking mixed cabin awards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1988555-booking-mixed-cabin-awards.html)

Zamees Sep 24, 2019 12:00 am

Booking mixed cabin awards

Is it possible to book mixed cabin awards on the web?
First leg business long haul, second leg only offers economy. If I choose Business booking, the award search shows as no flight available. The first leg is available in Business, and the second leg is available in Economy, just need a way to book the mixed cabins and pay the full Business class award miles price.

ernestnywang Sep 24, 2019 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Zamees (Post 31556764)
Is it possible to book mixed cabin awards on the web?
First leg business long haul, second leg only offers economy. If I choose Business booking, the award search shows as no flight available. The first leg is available in Business, and the second leg is available in Economy, just need a way to book the mixed cabins and pay the full Business class award miles price.

1. I believe you can only book mix class by calling.
2. You will not be deducted the full business award mileage requirement. It will be prorated.

somemale Sep 24, 2019 7:21 am

I believe you can call in to do this, but I've also booked 2 one way tickets to work around your problem on the website.

Fly Me To The Moon Sep 24, 2019 7:58 am

I did a mixed class booking via online back in March for travel during CNY 2020. Routing was CX HKG-FCO in Business. Then return was BA FCO-LHR in business, with a less-than-24-hour transit, and then CX LHR-HKG in First.

Miles deducted was 169,700.

ernestnywang Sep 24, 2019 11:51 am

Originally Posted by somemale (Post 31557682)
I believe you can call in to do this, but I've also booked 2 one way tickets to work around your problem on the website.

Wouldn't that cost more miles?

ernestnywang Sep 24, 2019 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon (Post 31557835)
I did a mixed class booking via online back in March for travel during CNY 2020. Routing was CX HKG-FCO in Business. Then return was BA FCO-LHR in business, with a less-than-24-hour transit, and then CX LHR-HKG in First.

Miles deducted was 169,700.

Did you select First and then, as F is not available on the first two flights, Business option was given?

Fly Me To The Moon Sep 25, 2019 6:19 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang (Post 31558812)
Did you select First and then, as F is not available on the first two flights, Business option was given?

Yes, exactly.

ernestnywang Sep 25, 2019 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon (Post 31561552)
Yes, exactly.

Good strategy. Unfortunately, this probably doesn't work for OP unless the short-haul flight doesn't have a business class.