Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Inflight amenity changes - First and Business - Oct 2019 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
This thread is to discuss changes in inflight amenities in First and Business class from October 2019.
Discussion regarding First Class catering is in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...9-onwards.html
Print Wikipost

Inflight amenity changes - First and Business - Oct 2019 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by infinitium
Sideline: are Aesop bath amenities still available at the Pier? Or have they already switched over to Bamford ones?
I tried it a few days ago and it was still Aesop at Pier First
infinitium likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by sxc
A very positive move with the new bedding is the removal of plastic wrapping the duvet. Aside from the environmental effect, the plastic wrapping was annoying and either ended up on the floor as a slip hazard, or stuffed into one of the seat cavities.
The grey packaging looks very nice. Feels premium than plastic. The duvet is so thin (and CX cabin tends to be set to 18 degrees). I have been so cold.

The air vents of the air conditioning blows right onto the arm. My left arm become frozen after sleeping.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by jdsworld
SQ as well. I think most airlines use that term for late flights, and it's nearly always a much complained service. But I feel sorry for airlines with this one, trying to balance a decent meal for those passengers who want it with the fact the majority of passengers probably want to sleep ASAP. It's a hard one to get right.
Some people in this thread clearly prefer the everything on one tray service - the mainland Chinese style. I can understand why, when StudioCX is so great (even greater on 351s). Minimum disruption to screen time.

But some of us still prefer to eat properly, preferably with a drink, cheese and port (very appreciate CX keeping it in J).

European departures are usually midday. CX has no TATL service. Why rush to sleep? The duvet isn’t even warm enough.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I tried it a few days ago and it was still Aesop at Pier First
Same for Pier J showers as of Dec 21
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by SKRan
Some people in this thread clearly prefer the everything on one tray service - the mainland Chinese style. I can understand why, when StudioCX is so great (even greater on 351s). Minimum disruption to screen time.

But some of us still prefer to eat properly, preferably with a drink, cheese and port (very appreciate CX keeping it in J).

European departures are usually midday. CX has no TATL service. Why rush to sleep? The duvet isn’t even warm enough.
i go to restaurent for that

cx food sucks anyways (J) so mind as well serve my portion of the feeding than to pretend by serving in courses... garbage in garbage out regardless of how you process it
percysmith likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
I didn't get an amenity kit on CX250 in J last night, only slippers. Came here to see if they'd been phased out, but doesn't seem so?

Had the bedding in the grey bag. Dinner service was interminably slow with FAs rushing up and down the aisles, no time for drink refills etc
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Asiana Gold, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Hi,

CX320 yesterday had the new Bamford amenity kit in J, along with the new bedding + slippers.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: TK *G
CX831 on 29 Dec still gave the old amenity kit, though with new bedding and slippers.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: CX GO
CX321 on 22nd Dec and CX320 on 31st Dec. Both flights with the new Bamford amenity kit with new bedding and slippers.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:31 pm

CX840 on 29 Dec (HKG-JFK) in F. Bamford bedding and amenity kit. Bedding was perfectly fine for me... I sleep warm and it wasn't too hot. Also Bamford amenities in lav.

I had F cabin to myself... so I got more than one pillow and food service exactly how I wanted it.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: Cathay Pacific
The soup served in Sakura Lounge is frozen soup from a Japanese chain resturant called Soup Stock. it tastes decent...but I still prefer CX lounges in HK they are the best in my opinion
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
CX199 HKG - AKL in J on 5 Jan. Old amenity kit in seat, new bedding and slippers, Bamford supplies in the lav.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:44 pm

New Bamford wash bags were available on CX825 YYZ-HKG a few days ago in Jan. I actually preferred the old bags from a practicality/ reusability/ washability standpoint - I prefer cotton over faux leather.

On an related note - since when did CX take out the lint-free cloths from their wash bags? I always liked them but just realized they are no where to be found anymore for a while already. Are they available on request?
Coathanger likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Central90210
New Bamford wash bags were available on CX825 YYZ-HKG a few days ago in Jan. I actually preferred the old bags from a practicality/ reusability/ washability standpoint - I prefer cotton over faux leather.

On an related note - since when did CX take out the lint-free cloths from their wash bags? I always liked them but just realized they are no where to be found anymore for a while already. Are they available on request?
I thought it was only included in the F Aesop kit
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Central90210
The J bags never had them I don't think. It was F only. ALthough as I post below, I **think** it has been removed from the new F bag too IIRC.

Originally Posted by londonexpert
I thought it was only included in the F Aesop kit
Yea that's what I think, although they were in the F kits before Aesop, too.

I can't remember if the new Bamford bags have them or not, I'll check when I get home or presume someone else knows. I *think* they have been removed though from F too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.