Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

No food Frankfurt lounge - Another example of CX cutting back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, UA Platinum, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat

Frankfurt Lounge (CX own lounge) around 1:10 before departure.

Here’s the food food that was available. When I asked about more food the staff said they only have a fixed amount and when it’s gone it’s gone.

I wrote to CX and despite an auto reply saying someone would get back to be in 24-48 hours it was around two weeks before anyone replied and it was just one of those “we’ll pass along your comments....”. I didn’t want anything other than someone to admit it was a screwup.

Yum!

hmm

those apples look good
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:40 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by hkflyer2014

Here’s the food food that was available. When I asked about more food the staff said they only have a fixed amount and when it’s gone it’s gone.

I wrote to CX and despite an auto reply saying someone would get back to be in 24-48 hours it was around two weeks before anyone replied and it was just one of those “we’ll pass along your comments....”. I didn’t want anything other than someone to admit it was a screwup.

Yum!

hmm

those apples look good
Wow... this is certainly not how they are going to get customers back with the current environment....
Old Sep 15, 2019, 12:59 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
Wow... this is certainly not how they are going to get customers back with the current environment....
Cut everything and price northern transit tix at HK$16k https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post31513550
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by hkflyer2014
Before I agree this was a cut back, what was the boarding time, i.e t-x ?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: CX-Gold ; LH Miles & More
Originally Posted by garykung
Before I agree this was a cut back, what was the boarding time, i.e t-x ?
departure time is 1:45 ... so boarding start 1:15 and in Frankfurt everyone has to go through a security check after the lounge before you arriving the gate and so I understand that at that time almost no food is available
In the past the food options at Frankfurt were good, however in second quarter CX outsourced also the check in ... so also different people service the lounge ... maybe also with less "budget"

I will have a flight from Frankfurt end of October - so let´s see what my experiences will be
JordanWalker likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: CX Gold
This is a complete joke. Why does CX even bother to have this lounge? This is even worse than the worst United Club I've seen.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Christian2011
departure time is 1:45 ... so boarding start 1:15 and in Frankfurt everyone has to go through a security check after the lounge before you arriving the gate and so I understand that at that time almost no food is available
Arguably it was a cut back.

Let's say you have to be at the gate at t-45. I would have to say last call should be t-60 to be reasonable.

T-70 and no food sounds low.

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
This is even worse than the worst United Club I've seen.
Have you ever been the worst UC?
buschoi likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Arguably it was a cut back.

Let's say you have to be at the gate at t-45. I would have to say last call should be t-60 to be reasonable.

T-70 and no food sounds low.

Have you ever been the worst UC?
Ha, probably not. Which UC is the worst? That should worth a visit
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I do hate the CX FRA lounge, alas the JAL FRA lounge aint much better.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I do hate the CX FRA lounge, alas the JAL FRA lounge aint much better.
Welcome to SA world
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by wyskevin
Welcome to SA world
It's one of the reasons I avoid routing via FRA on my CX bookings from BCN and take the LHR route usually.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: CX-Gold ; LH Miles & More
I had now my next flights from Frankfurt and yes, there are less food and drink options after CX outsourced the service. Compared to the past I had now the night flight and so I can not exactly compare to the "lunch" options I know from the past, however, they changed meanwhile from more premium non alcoholic drinks (Sir Henry in the last years) to "just regular" non alcoholic drinks. Also there are less food options. Warm "dishes" were now only Frankfurter Würstchen (sausages) and fried noodles - both warm food options have run out at 7 pm (scheduled departure time 8:10 pm but already announced delay at check-in ... boarding started finally 8:20 pm). Cold food options were mainly sandwiches and bagels (beside of cheese, chips, cookies, etc). From more premium nibbles like salad or desserts in little glasses they only had few of them in the beginning... so overall less quality and less quantity offered

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.