Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

My cathay flight as been cancelled what do i do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My cathay flight as been cancelled what do i do?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This doesn't seem like a bad outcome if the kids are old enough to ride in coach by themselves. You're getting a full refund and able to book much cheaper tickets.
I'm pretty sure the OP's original setup was the kids in coach. Parents up front.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I'm pretty sure the OP's original setup was the kids in coach. Parents up front.

Don't you feel like a heel, flying first class with all of the kids back in coach?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by nmpls
Don't you feel like a heel, flying first class with all of the kids back in coach?

No.
Thats a ridiculous way to look at. My children are half my size, zone out IFE or IPAD, don’t drink champagne or eat caviar... and get two or more extra trips a year by my not paying for them to be in First. They feel pretty special to be able to go on frequent trips.

Occasionally they see F on fare errors or the odd points upgrade when traveling alone with me, but their onboard needs don’t stray from free ice cream / IPad /IFE.. all which they get in Y
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
No.
Thats a ridiculous way to look at. My children are half my size, zone out IFE or IPAD, don’t drink champagne or eat caviar... and get two or more extra trips a year by my not paying for them to be in First. They feel pretty special to be able to go on frequent trips.

Occasionally they see F on fare errors or the odd points upgrade when traveling alone with me, but their onboard needs don’t stray from free ice cream / IPad /IFE.. all which they get in Y
I see you're not a fan of early 90's Christmas movies.
cyktai likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
Originally Posted by s0ssos
No at 25k avios for business i had grabbed the seats and then organized everything around it. Bummer
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by TheHak
Cx declined to rebook me on air canada but for the CX paid flights its easy given in fact the air canada flights are cheaper (so refund and rebook). I just guess ill bave to get a refund from ba too and out the kids in coach!
Air Canada is not a CX partner. It seems like they opened it up to any oneworld carrier if they are giving you AA options. If you find another oneweorld carrier routing you prefer, you should HUACA and ask for the specific routing.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
Well for paid tickets there is nada 0 rerouting options. I guess its somewhat faire given that any rerouting through a oneworld partner ends up being cheaper.

just funny that there is abolitely no option.

just curious if there is no option why dont they proceed with automatic refunding?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Called ba out of curiosity. Cant offer AA availability. Only option is cathay via hong kong (31hours) or refund.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by TheHak
Called ba out of curiosity. Cant offer AA availability. Only option is cathay via hong kong (31hours) or refund.
Think of those TPs, YVR - NYC via HKG!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.