Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Regional flight redemption availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

Has something changed in the last 1-2 days with regional flight award availability? Searching on the BA website:
- TPE-HKG has no availability for at least a week, starting April 8
- SIN-HKG has no availability for at least a week, starting April 2
- SGN-HKG around that time also drops to no flight for at least a few days
- HKG-KUL stops on April 2 (including Cathay Dragon)

Prior to these days (end March/early April) there is wide-open economy and business availability. I confirmed one of the days for SIN-HKG with an AA phone agent who saw no flights available.

Is there a schedule change going on maybe?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:55 pm

CX has seemingly scaled back awards to partners, but the first half of April is also peak season for Easter holidays.

Having said that, I searched TPE-HKG using Asia Miles and it is wide open for awards the week up to Sat, April 11th.

FWIW, cash fares on those legs are pretty cheap due to LCCs. You can fly HKG-SGN return for under USD 100 on Vietjet (though not necessarily during Easter).
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Ahhh....Easter! Hadn't thought of that. I bet that's the explanation. Had more time when I came home from work and searched some more, and SIN-HKG ends up wide open again starting around April 20.

Thanks for the extra info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.