Search

CX110 day flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
CX110 day flight

first time Cathay flier here, so apologies for the newbie Q

Im on CX110 SYD-HK that leaves at 0735 before connecting to CX 315 to MAD (9 hour transit). Im planning on staying up all night prior to the SYD-HK flight.

Am in J (15A then 19A), will they provide sleeping gear for a day flight. The reviews online show a great food collection but ill just be interested in sleeping... Or should I bring my own pillow/PJ etc

Thanks

H
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Hector99
first time Cathay flier here, so apologies for the newbie Q

Im on CX110 SYD-HK that leaves at 0735 before connecting to CX 315 to MAD (9 hour transit). Im planning on staying up all night prior to the SYD-HK flight.

Am in J (15A then 19A), will they provide sleeping gear for a day flight. The reviews online show a great food collection but ill just be interested in sleeping... Or should I bring my own pillow/PJ etc

Thanks

H
There are no PJs provided in CX J class. You will receive a duvet and pillow. Obviously if you want a bigger pillow, then you need to bring your own. If you do a quick YouTube search of CX J class, you can find what the CX J class pillow looks like to see if it's good enough for you.

As for your plan to stay up all night, if that's something already scheduled, have a good one whatever it is you're up to. However, if the no sleep is part of some plan to adjust time zones and facilitate sleep on board etc/, I totally don't recommend that! My experience is a lot of people just way overthink the sleeping / time zone / flight thing. And by giving your body such a rough time the night before with no sleep, you'll pay for that one way or another.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Thanks, but the duvet will be provided in J for a day flight?

I only ask as NZ J day flights don't provide sleeping gear (they are the only J day experience I have when wanted to sleep)

I hate the 4am alarm call and will have worked a week of night shifts prior
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Hector99
Thanks, but the duvet will be provided in J for a day flight?

I only ask as NZ J day flights don't provide sleeping gear (they are the only J day experience I have when wanted to sleep)

I hate the 4am alarm call and will have worked a week of night shifts prior
Yea, there's a duvet. CX does duvets based not on departure time, but flight duration. Medium/long flights like SYD (and longer) get duvets regardless time of day.

Have a good sleep!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.