Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Check in 2 flights, baggage for 2nd flight only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO

I have a "day trip" coming up with my next flight a few hours after I return to Hong Kong. These trips are on separate tickets but both on Cathay. Is it possible not to check-in luggage for the first trip, and then check-in for the second trip at the same time but with luggage?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by cxauhk
I have a "day trip" coming up with my next flight a few hours after I return to Hong Kong. These trips are on separate tickets but both on Cathay. Is it possible not to check-in luggage for the first trip, and then check-in for the second trip at the same time but with luggage?
Not sure if I understand your question correctly. Do you mean that you have HKG-xxx-HKG-yyy coming up, and all these flights are on the same day? If so, I believe yes, you can check your bags for for HKG-yyy. Most likely, HKG-xxx-HKG is in one PNR and HKG-yyy is in another, so if you have any doubt and want to minimise risks, you can check-in for HKG-yyy first or check-in at two separate occasions.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO
Nearly right - it will be HKG-xxx on one day, and then HKG-yyy the next day, but the gap or the stay in HK is 3 hours, since it is a red-eye out to yyy
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by cxauhk
Nearly right - it will be HKG-xxx on one day, and then HKG-yyy the next day, but the gap or the stay in HK is 3 hours, since it is a red-eye out to yyy
Others can confirm, but IIRC if yyy is in the US, you can only check-in 24 hours before, whereas if yyy is somewhere else, you can check-in anytime the day before. At least you should be able to do that at the Airport Express check-in counters. I believe it should work at the airport as well, but I will let others comment on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.