Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Check in 2 flights, baggage for 2nd flight only

Old Yesterday, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO

I have a "day trip" coming up with my next flight a few hours after I return to Hong Kong. These trips are on separate tickets but both on Cathay. Is it possible not to check-in luggage for the first trip, and then check-in for the second trip at the same time but with luggage?
Old Yesterday, 11:09 am

Programs: CX MPO SL, IHG Spire, Hertz 5*, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by cxauhk View Post
I have a "day trip" coming up with my next flight a few hours after I return to Hong Kong. These trips are on separate tickets but both on Cathay. Is it possible not to check-in luggage for the first trip, and then check-in for the second trip at the same time but with luggage?
Not sure if I understand your question correctly. Do you mean that you have HKG-xxx-HKG-yyy coming up, and all these flights are on the same day? If so, I believe yes, you can check your bags for for HKG-yyy. Most likely, HKG-xxx-HKG is in one PNR and HKG-yyy is in another, so if you have any doubt and want to minimise risks, you can check-in for HKG-yyy first or check-in at two separate occasions.