Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay cuts off Aer Lingus awards...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Cathay cuts off Aer Lingus awards...

Called last night to book an Aer Lingus redemption from Naples to JFK via Dublin and was told they ended their partnership on July 1st...searched online and found only a couple of blogs had picked up the change..used to be a sweet spot for me..

Last edited by SLINKYTRAVEL; Jul 25, 2019 at 5:06 am
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Don't worry. That should be temporary for now.

EI is a former OW member. EI is recently acquired by IAG, the company that owns BA and IB, which both are OW members.

Based on the size of EI, I find it difficult that IAG would not push EI back to OW.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Time flies and the 'recent' acquisition is already dated back in 2015. Rumor of EI rejoining OW has been up in the air for a long while, but it seems not a must given how IAG positions it.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL
Called last night to book an Aer Lingus redemption from Naples to JFK via Dublin and was told they ended their partnership on July 1st...searched online and found only a couple of blogs had picked up the change..used to be a sweet spot for me..
It was EI who cut the relationship with CX and QF.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by garykung
Based on the size of EI, I find it difficult that IAG would not push EI back to OW.
I think a lot of us were expecting it, but after several years, it looks more like this is not going to happen. I'm not even sure if EI will become oneworld connect, and if so, why did they cut the relationship with CX and QF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.