Partner Inventory (Revenue)

Old Jul 16, 19, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Question Partner Inventory (Revenue)

Hi All,

I am looking how to get from HKG - MIA in June 2020. I am currently searching 13/6 - 27/6 and no availability is showing. Obviously there should be multiple routes via LAX, JFK, LHR and others. It seems that the inventory of CX's partner airlines is not yet uploaded. A call to MPC DM Hotline simply said that they do not know when it will be uploaded and try again soon.

Can anyone shed any insight when can I expect the inventory to show?
Old Jul 16, 19, 7:32 am
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Did you check on CX website only? A TA can probably help.
Old Jul 16, 19, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX GR, AS MVP GLD
AA should be 331 days
Old Jul 16, 19, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cxfan1960 View Post
Did you check on CX website only? A TA can probably help.
I checked CX and Online TA.

Originally Posted by shd9 View Post
AA should be 331 days
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Do you know if there is any delay from AA to upload to partners like CX?
Old Jul 16, 19, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by beach86 View Post
I checked CX and Online TA.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Do you know if there is any delay from AA to upload to partners like CX?
If this is a revenue ticket AND you are looking for the native AA coded flight (AAxxx instead of CX76xx operated by AA), there is no delay. Once AA publishes availability CX would be able to see it. If CX agent cannot see availability, they would be able to long sell it. If you are looking for the CX codeshare then there **may** be a little delay.

That being said you can now book flight for June 11 2020. June 12 has already published flight but all availabilities are zeroed out.

However, sometimes AA doesn't release deep discount inventories until 3-4 months before departure. I wonder why are you trying to book so early?
Old Jul 17, 19, 12:00 am
Original Poster

If this is a revenue ticket AND you are looking for the native AA coded flight (AAxxx instead of CX76xx operated by AA), there is no delay. Once AA publishes availability CX would be able to see it. If CX agent cannot see availability, they would be able to long sell it. If you are looking for the CX codeshare then there **may** be a little delay.

That being said you can now book flight for June 11 2020. June 12 has already published flight but all availabilities are zeroed out.

However, sometimes AA doesn't release deep discount inventories until 3-4 months before departure. I wonder why are you trying to book so early?
Thanks again for the info, main reason of booking early is to use my DM upgrade certs. I only really want to do this trip if I can use them.
Old Jul 17, 19, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by beach86 View Post
Thanks again for the info, main reason of booking early is to use my DM upgrade certs. I only really want to do this trip if I can use them.
WOW..... Maybe other high-achieving DMs could chime in, but I thought the DM upgrade certificates are not **that** hard to use (like Asiamiles) since it only requires revenue inventories... I feel less bad about my SWU waiting games now lol

Or maybe you can book your CX tickets first and just buy a separate AA ticket. Sounds like this way you have some more flexibility (and CX would through check your bag on the way there). For the transit points, I suggest something on the east coast to avoid a 5hr 7M8/321 LAX-MIA. AA even has widebodies on JFK-MIA.
beach86 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 19, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

WOW..... Maybe other high-achieving DMs could chime in, but I thought the DM upgrade certificates are not **that** hard to use (like Asiamiles) since it only requires revenue inventories... I feel less bad about my SWU waiting games now lol

Or maybe you can book your CX tickets first and just buy a separate AA ticket. Sounds like this way you have some more flexibility (and CX would through check your bag on the way there). For the transit points, I suggest something on the east coast to avoid a 5hr 7M8/321 LAX-MIA. AA even has widebodies on JFK-MIA.
Thanks for the tips.

I have struggled to use mine, I typically fly J (on non-F routes) or E. Both of these scenarios mean I cannot use the DM upgrade certs. On the one occasion I did try to use them from J --> F, but there was no A availability, only F and they would not process the upgrade stating they can only process into a A fare bracket.
Old Jul 17, 19, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
OP - have you considered booking them separately?

Your upgrade cert, IIRC, won't be applicable to the AA segment. So there is no incentive booking them together unless the price is good (I believe you can use AA's own pricing as comparison for now).
beach86 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: