Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no-show final leg

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
no-show final leg

As I needed to be in Seoul for a meeting, I took advantage of this and booked my flight to Perth ex Seoul so I could get R class and thus use my (about to expire) bookable upgrades.

I obviously thus now have a return booked Perth-HK-Seoul-Hk.

I don't want the final 2 legs ... But what do people think? Are Cathay getting annoyed about not finishing these kinds of flights?

I no-showed my last ex YVR flight to CAN too.... (But previously didn't, before that I have always finished them off because mostly they were ex-TPE which is nice and easy).
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I'm confused... from your description I thought you would have a return: Seoul-HK-Perth-HK-Seoul and not want to use the HK-Seoul (and perhaps not a Seoul-HK on the ticket you used to get to Seoul)?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
whatever it is just dumb ur last segments if you were able to arbitrage cheaper ex xxx fares. its our duty to fight evil CX pricing ex HK. I actively spreads words of cheap ex outports and encourage them to dump last sectors, and best bit once they done it they become repeater of practice
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why do care whether CX is "annoyed?" The question is whether CX will take any action against you. The answer is "no" unless you make this a routine practice.
Jackolee likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: CX Diamond, United MileagePlus Gold, Accor Platinum
Many here may tell you that airlines may take action from the legal perspectives, like what have been discussed re ex-Vietnam error fare tickets in this forum.

In practice, no-show is quite common. Unless you do this in a very routine manner, they won’t take action. I did it sometimes at that time HK-India fare was ridiculously high.

Nonetheless, ‘even if it’s a fake movie, please make it a fake hit’. In my experience, ground staff at some locations will request for your proof (viz copy of ticket) from Seoul to HK, assuming that you do not hold Korean passport. They request for this at airport counters and/or at the boarding gates.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
I would have my travel agent cancel the coupons you dont want. As opposed to a no show.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Yes - obviously it's better just to cancel the reservations if that is possible without paying CX a fee.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
I would have my travel agent cancel the coupons you dont want. As opposed to a no show.
OP, grateful if you could share if this is possible in the end in your context
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: CX, Hyatt
Not getting into an ethics discussion but theoretically you could even call CX after no show to ask for tax and fees refund. Has anyone done this?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: MPC Gold, MileagePlus Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by PacificSunrise
Not getting into an ethics discussion but theoretically you could even call CX after no show to ask for tax and fees refund. Has anyone done this?
I have canceled the flight online and subsequently asked for the refund of taxes and fees. No issues with CX there.
fairhsa likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by derekl
I have canceled the flight online and subsequently asked for the refund of taxes and fees. No issues with CX there.
I tried but not ok - perhaps because of the fare conditions at that time.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
My understand is that if you "no show" and if you do not claim anything then it is alright for the airline. Anyway you are not going to get a refund. But it is better to cancel your reservation.
fairhsa likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:22 pm

But whether or not OP can cancel the last 2 legs in his/her case is the question. May be possible to cancel the bookable upgrades but not the tickets?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by Jackolee
But whether or not OP can cancel the last 2 legs in his/her case is the question. May be possible to cancel the bookable upgrades but not the tickets?
I think OP would have used his bookable upgrades on the first two legs.

I'm curious too - let us know, OP!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by christep
I'm confused... from your description I thought you would have a return: Seoul-HK-Perth-HK-Seoul and not want to use the HK-Seoul (and perhaps not a Seoul-HK on the ticket you used to get to Seoul)?
Yes I want to drop.off the final HK to Seoul. (And just not use the return leg of the ticket I used to get to Seoul)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.