Status upgrade to Diamond

Old Jun 20, 19, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC Gold, MileagePlus Gold, HH Gold
Status upgrade to Diamond

Hi,
I am currently MPC Gold and will have 1070 status credits by the end of my status renewal year. Does anyone have experience if there is a chance to get diamond status with 130 points short ?

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 19, 6:45 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Might be a long shot unless you can prove that you have future travel booked to cover the shortfall.
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:02 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by derekl View Post
Hi,
I am currently MPC Gold and will have 1070 status credits by the end of my status renewal year. Does anyone have experience if there is a chance to get diamond status with 130 points short ?

Thanks
I second @CXFlyerBoy - 130 club points is a bit of a stretch. I'd try to do a MR just to get it down to 80 points short or maybe even 50.

Have you been a diamond before?
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:02 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I heard DMs get renewed with 1070...but getting upgraded might not be that possible.
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flubber View Post
I second @CXFlyerBoy - 130 club points is a bit of a stretch. I'd try to do a MR just to get it down to 80 points short or maybe even 50.

Have you been a diamond before?
Unfortunately not been diamond in the last 3 years. I do have upcoming flights in the next month for about 250 club points (80 on CX, 170 on MH).
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:14 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Unfortunately not been diamond in the last 3 years. I do have upcoming flights in the next month for about 250 club points (80 on CX, 170 on MH).
Unfortunately, booked is not sufficient proof of travel in MPC's eyes. Here is a data point:

I was sitting on 520 renewing GO at 4/30 with 130 points booked in May (60 in CX J, 30 in MH J and 40 in CX PE) I wasn't considered for upgrade till I cleared the 60 in CX J and after putting in the argument that the CX PE sector will post ahead of the MH J flights though the MH flights were earlier.

So you probably need to get a little bit closer then make the request
Old Jun 21, 19, 7:17 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
@OP, Last year I was in a similar situation as you with even less points. My year was up in November, I had 985 CP and no further bookings but intention to travel LH, NYC-HKG in December and January. There was a hitch last summer with some company restructuring with no travel so I missed at least 1 trip. I had originally planned to be at 1135 CP by year end,

I called an asked for an extension before the end of November. They gave me 3 months to make 215 CP by the end of February and to call in once I reached that total. My CP reset back to 0 and my status stayed GO after November so I missed the 1000 CP mid-tier upgrade but by mid January, I had the required points. I called into MPC and they upgraded me to DM later that day with my year ending in January and points reset back to 0.

Sitting at 1070 its a tough call to hope the MPC gods bump you up or to ask for extension but I think they'd definitely grant the extension especially if you have future bookings. In my case I had no actual bookings, but my consistent travel pattern definitely shows me making up the required points.
Old Jun 22, 19, 6:54 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I don't think there are much datapoint that GO get upgraded to DM at 1070.... unless your 1070 came from mostly full fare F CX flights.

You will have a lot better shot if you ended up at 1170 points though.
Old Jun 23, 19, 1:44 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Relatively off topic.
With 0 status credit, I received my Diamond card with 24 months validity two years ago.
If you have long history on CX, you have a little chance.
Old Jun 23, 19, 6:36 am
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
I got upgraded early to DM with 120 points to go. I only had a QR itin booked that wouldve earned 210 CPs
Old Jun 23, 19, 8:46 am

Programs: CX DM/OW EMERALD, SQ KFEG/*G
Hi there, I was upgraded to DM for the first time at 1090 CP this week, with bookings confirmed that would net me another 210 CP (all on CX J class) after my GO membership year was to end at the end of July.
Old Jun 23, 19, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the responses. MPC has agreed to extend the deadline for 3 months. After seeing the message from GR1, seems there may be hope for an early upgrade
Old Jun 23, 19, 9:55 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Thanks everyone for the responses. MPC has agreed to extend the deadline for 3 months. After seeing the message from GR1, seems there may be hope for an early upgrade
When people got "early upgarde" in short club points, usually it happens on 19th/20th, about 10 days prior the status expires..
My advice is just to wait...
If you got early upgrade, great and congratulation!
If not, you still have 10 days to apply extending 3 months to make up the short club points.

Data point: I got early upgarde when I had 1175 points. But I had 25 points missing by MH anyway...
Old Jun 24, 19, 2:11 am

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
I was upgraded from Gold to Diamond at around 1105 CP with about 4 weeks left to go. But I had 115 CP already booked during the same month. Quite happy as I need those 115CP to renew this year.
Old Jun 24, 19, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy View Post
Unfortunately, booked is not sufficient proof of travel in MPC's eyes. Here is a data point:

I was sitting on 520 renewing GO at 4/30 with 130 points booked in May (60 in CX J, 30 in MH J and 40 in CX PE) I wasn't considered for upgrade till I cleared the 60 in CX J and after putting in the argument that the CX PE sector will post ahead of the MH J flights though the MH flights were earlier.

So you probably need to get a little bit closer then make the request
I'm sitting on 510 right now, and have 85 CP booked in July so far.
Just wondering if you could elaborate on how one should "make the request", just call and ask to be upgraded/renewed?
I'm thinking about calling them after every leg to see if I can be upgraded, so I can save the remaining CPs for the next membership year

Search this Thread