Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Catering

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Boston Catering

I just came back from CX811 the other day and the catering was horrible. I thought CPCS was crap...BOS was even worse.

Not only did they caterers fail to load a lot of items including the bread basket liner. The main course serving was smaller than regional Business class meals.

I have a suspicion that the caterers had to split the meals up because of the last minute upgrades. This was somewhat confirmed when I spoke to the ISM on the flight she told me it was 3/6 earlier and last minute they got informed that F would be full. She said me that the FP already pointed out the meals on the ground but was told by the caterers that "no one was working at that time".

The skillet was also inop during the flight so they could not prepare sunny side up eggs....we were left with a choice of boiled or scrambled for breakfast.

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; Jun 12, 2019 at 8:10 pm
Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Sorry to hear this. The main course does look very poor.
But where was the cold plate? Was it served before main course?(I always ask FP to bring them together. )
Anyway, try hamburger or noodle soup if you still feel hungry. They are eatable usually.

There is one thing catching my eye- the small card on the table.
Being a DM member, didnt they offer you the exclusive card for DM?
It looks a regular one for every F passenger.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:30 am
Original Poster

The cold plate came with the soup, it has two beancurd skin rolls with mushroom in it.

Yes, either the caterers did not load the correct high touch card, or the crew just couldn’t be bothered.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
.....The main course serving was smaller than regional Business class meals.

Looks pretty disappointing to me. Bare vegetables, no herbs, no sauces.

This is what I got last week, new J class dining style, HKG -> Europe:

Tasted excellent !

I can only say: If CX wants, it's possible....... Let us hope, this improvement is spreading out further.

And, no, this picture is not photoshop'd ....

I have a suspicion that the caterers had to split the meals up because of the last minute upgrades. This was somewhat confirmed when I spoke to the ISM on the flight she told me it was 3/6 earlier and last minute they got informed that F would be full. She said me that the FP already pointed out the meals on the ground but was told by the caterers that "no one was working at that time".
The last minute F-Upgraders should have gotten the message, they would receive the normal J class meal and not "share" the lot, with the original F bookers. If the new F joiners were on normal F tickets, then they should have gotten a similar message, when booking.........

The skillet was also inop during the flight so they could not prepare sunny side up eggs....we were left with a choice of boiled or scrambled for breakfast.
Sorry to hear, the machinery was broken. Freshly baked eggs, is something I really miss in J
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I've always found the bread basket liner to be the tastiest. Would have disappointed me too.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
I've always found the bread basket liner to be the tastiest. Would have disappointed me too.
So I guess you're okay checking into a hotel and getting a room with paper towels instead of proper bed linens and bath towels?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cambo
Looks pretty disappointing to me. Bare vegetables, no herbs, no sauces.
Steamed bokchoy...doesn't taste anything.

This is what I got last week, new J class dining style, HKG -> Europe:

Tasted excellent !

I can only say: If CX wants, it's possible....... Let us hope, this improvement is spreading out further.

And, no, this picture is not photoshop'd ....
Has got to do with the quality of the crew I think, Some FP would take longer in making the dishes more presentable. Some rush the service do they just dump things on the plate.

The last minute F-Upgraders should have gotten the message, they would receive the normal J class meal and not "share" the lot, with the original F bookers. If the new F joiners were on normal F tickets, then they should have gotten a similar message, when booking.........
The ISM said that is often the case, but since the caterers said they were able to prepare enough for the 6 pax (I guess CX now had to pay them for 6 instead of 3), they stood by that.

Sorry to hear, the machinery was broken. Freshly baked eggs, is something I really miss in J
To be fair I think the FP did a good job with the scrambled eggs, they still came out creamy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.