Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay/Oneworld lounge guesting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Cathay/Oneworld lounge guesting

Taking my folks to Singapore in 2020, and they will be flying back on CX - right now, they're in business on the short SIN-HKG, and then mom is in first for HKG-USA (hopefully another F seat will open up for dad). A few questions about expectations for lounge access, since they are not prone to arguing with the dragons and can get shooed away easily:

- In HKG, there should be absolutely no problem for mom guesting dad into the CX F lounges, correct? (https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...dmittance.html)

- In SIN, can mom expect access into the new Qantas F lounge, which should be open by then, and if so, would guesting for dad work?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
1. Yes, no problem.
2. QF on paper requires next flight on QF metal if admitted by class of services. Also requires bus transfer from T1 to T4, with late opening time (1430).

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...unge/global/en
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
1. Yes, no problem.
2. QF on paper requires next flight on QF metal if admitted by class of services. Also requires bus transfer from T1 to T4, with late opening time (1430).

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...unge/global/en
Thanks for the link! At the bottom, the section for international F oneworld customers says: Next onward flight that day must be a oneworld operated and marketed flight#. One guest is allowed who must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight#. ( # A oneworld marketed flight refers to a flight with a oneworld flight number, eg QF1 or AA222. A oneworld operated flight refers to the actual aircraft or 'metal' on which you fly, eg Finnair aircraft. Excludes oneworld connect partner flights.)

So am I reading correctly that access + guesting would be allowed? It's unclear though whether the "next onward flight" has to be in F, or just part of an itinerary with oneworld F.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by kamadzu4
Thanks for the link! At the bottom, the section for international F oneworld customers says: Next onward flight that day must be a oneworld operated and marketed flight#. One guest is allowed who must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight#. ( # A oneworld marketed flight refers to a flight with a oneworld flight number, eg QF1 or AA222. A oneworld operated flight refers to the actual aircraft or 'metal' on which you fly, eg Finnair aircraft. Excludes oneworld connect partner flights.)

So am I reading correctly that access + guesting would be allowed? It's unclear though whether the "next onward flight" has to be in F, or just part of an itinerary with oneworld F.
Not sure why QF picked out Intl F in a status table...

Edit: Based on OW rules it should be permitted when QF lounge does not have capacity control. Mind the transfer time though - from T1 to T2 then to T4.

Last edited by andersonCooper; Jun 4, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Not sure why QF picked out Intl F in a status table but I assumed that section is by OW status.
Was gonna reply with more confusion, but then saw you edited the post. Yes, it seems that QF is specifying "class of service" just for QF and EK, while the last section for oneworld riffraff has the status as well as oneworld class of service...
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:37 pm

Was gonna reply with more confusion, but then saw you edited the post. Yes, it seems that QF is specifying "class of service" just for QF and EK, while the last section for oneworld riffraff has the status as well as oneworld class of service...
Edited again with OW rules reference:

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SIN

See the Access for F and J passengers sections at the end.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Also requires bus transfer from T1 to T4
If departing SIN on CX, is it possible to clear immigration at the main terminals (T1-T3) and then just take the shuttle once to T4? Or is it mandatory to clear immigration/security at T4, then take shuttle to T2 (would they even let you on), access QF lounge, then shuttle back to T4?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
The new Qantas 1st lounge will probably have the same opening times as the Qantas Business Lounge at SIN, that is, from 2.30 pm onward.
It is quite likely that CX flights SIN- xHKG -USA will necessitate leaving SIN on a morning or lunch time SIN to HKG flight in order to connect to the USA on a same day connection.
So the Qantas lounge may not be open in time for your CX departure anyway.
Singapore airport authorities normally only allow a 1 way air-side transfer between T4 and T1/2/3 or vv for passengers that genuinely need to transfer to catch a connecting flight in the other terminal.
If you check-in with CX in T4 and then use the landside transfer bus to T1 to use the outbound passport clearance there, it is quite likely that they will ask you to take the landside transfer bus back to T4 and clear passport control at T4.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
If departing SIN on CX, is it possible to clear immigration at the main terminals (T1-T3) and then just take the shuttle once to T4? Or is it mandatory to clear immigration/security at T4, then take shuttle to T2 (would they even let you on), access QF lounge, then shuttle back to T4?
I am unsure if you can check in at T4 and then take the shuttle bus to T2. Apparently some claim that this is possible - but I personally have not tried it. Note that T4's arrival / departures are segregated - the arrivals has a dedicated transfer area. Going from departures, you apparently need to "negotiate with the security guy manning the transit area" - and it is not clear where this is

What I have done is check in at T4, then take the landside shuttle bus to T2, and cleared immigration etc at T2. Again, some others have reported failures clearing customs etc at a non-T4 terminal. So it really is YMMV.

Unfortunately T4 in SIN seems to be in its own little world...
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Echo-ing ermen- just not worth the bother, it seems..(and supports my original hypothesis, CX moved, partly to save on what it was paying QF!)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29889157-post300.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30027575-post316.html

im fairly certain that the schlep isn’t worth the bother. The QF lounges are at what is the ‘furthest’ part of SIN T1-3, from where the T4 shuttle come/goes (Closeby the C gates:T1 vs the high F gates T2)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Echo-ing ermen- just not worth the bother, it seems..(and supports my original hypothesis, CX moved, partly to save on what it was paying QF!)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29889157-post300.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30027575-post316.html

im fairly certain that the schlep isn’t worth the bother. The QF lounges are at what is the ‘furthest’ part of SIN T1-3, from where the T4 shuttle come/goes (Closeby the C gates:T1 vs the high F gates T2)
QF F lounge in SIN will be near D gates so not that bad.

but yeah sounds like a massive PITA
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:22 am

Posts below your response gave you more details..I think:
1)with a US bound flight, an early morning SIN flight might be required, so 1430 opening time is unlikely to work
2)The transfer seems like a PITA and I have not seen posts here for details. I don't even like the LHR T3/T5 transfer which is an easy one IMO, while this requires both bus and train transfer (if allowed).

The CX T4 lounge is fine for me, and if first time in SIN I would rather spend some time at Jewel instead of an airport lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.