Search

HKG to SIN with stopover in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
HKG to SIN with stopover in BKK

HI all:

I am flying HK to SIN with I think a 2 hour "stopover" in BKK.(Looks like a fifth freedom flight?) I will only have carry on luggage.

Do I have to stay on the plane for the 2 hour stopover?

If I can leave the plane do I have time to visit the Cathay Lounge in BKK and should/do I need to take my carry on luggage with me or can I leave it on the plane? My Luggage would have clothes only, no valuables and nothing illegal,lol.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

E.

Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
It is not a stopover, but simply a stop.
You will disembark with all your bags and can go to the lounge. Unless the flight is late and CX tries to shorten the stop. But BKK might disallow it.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by brunos
It is not a stopover, but simply a stop.
You will disembark with all your bags and can go to the lounge. Unless the flight is late and CX tries to shorten the stop. But BKK might disallow it.
Passengers continuing to Singapore are asked to remain on board even during servicing,
Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:02 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd

Passengers continuing to Singapore are asked to remain on board even during servicing,
i guess it depends on the day(?)

there have been times passengers are asked to disembark
Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope

Maybe it has changed since the last time I did that flight was a year or so ago. If you have the SIN boarding pass...you will be asked to remain on board, if you have two boarding passes HKG-BKK and BKK-SIN, you may need to coordinate with the ground staff. Although for me the ISM asked me to stay on board and called a ground staff to deal with my BKK-SIN boarding pass.

However on the HKG-SIN-BKK, all passengers are asked to deplane.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
I did that flight a few weeks back. If I recall correctly, everyone left the plane. (I got off, and caught the same flight the next day onwards - on that occasion I think they all stayed on teh plane because I was one of the first in the queue being diamond and the plane was already full).
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why would anyone flying HKG-SIN choose a flight via BKK when there are plenty of direct services available - also if it means a forced stay onboard up to 2 hours at BKK? Almost a whole day is wasted when going via BKK
It is beyond me...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Why would anyone flying HKG-SIN choose a flight via BKK when there are plenty of direct services available - also if it means a forced stay onboard up to 2 hours at BKK? Almost a whole day is wasted when going via BKK
It is beyond me...
For me, I was supposed to be on holiday in Bangkok but the suddenly had some work matters in Singapore, so Instead of canceling the whole thing I just bought a SIN RT from Bangkok
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
It is beyond me...
So that Cathay can offer a BKK-SIN service.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by clubeurope

They weren't today on CX717. Interestingly at the entrance to the terminal there was a CX employee holding a sign for CX754 to HKG. For those flying HKG-BKK and then decide to go back where they just came from.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:38 am
Original Poster

It is beyond me...
I don't see how your rant is relevant to my question. FYI I wanted to experience the 35K in J class. I have the luxury of time unlike perhaps yourself.
kaka and NetJets Germany like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:41 am
Original Poster

So I suppose the answer is Yes and No depending on the day or mood of the Crew? ,lol
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by eagle215
I don't see how your rant is relevant to my question.
Welcome to FT!
glennhaak and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
If you are not flying on the direct fifth freedom flight, you get off at BKK, clear transit security, head for the lounge and board the incoming flight that departs to SIN.

The stopover flight should only have ground time of 1 hour.

Mind sharing the flight number you are on?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
They weren't today on CX717. Interestingly at the entrance to the terminal there was a CX employee holding a sign for CX754 to HKG. For those flying HKG-BKK and then decide to go back where they just came from.
mileage run?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.