Search

CX Website/App

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
CX Website/App

Why:

1. Constant technical problems; unable to complete booking etc?

2. Radically different fares, routings available on mobile app vs website (far more options on the app than the website usually).

3. Wildly inacurate availability information on website (frequently showing "only x seats" available or not showing flights available when other data points eg. EF show substantial inventory and hey presto a week later there is plenty of availability on the website).

4. App continues to be highly unstable with constant technical issues and loss of functionality.

I think FFs have been very patient with CX's move to new website and app but enough is enough and these issues have gone on far too long. Other carrier's sites (eg. SQ and QF) seem far more reliable.

While I am complaining, award inventory on my regular flights continues to be very disappointing indeed. CX should look after its own MPC members with far more guaranteed inventory especially able to book well in advance.

The waitlisting/redemption process is a circus and seems to be designed for those with plenty of time on their hands (ie. not the vast majority of FFs who are busy people...).
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
I've managed to reserve my business class seats outbound (LHR-HKG-BNE) but not the inbound - Internal system error every time I try
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:44 pm

The app doesn't even stay logged in for me. Kind of a basic thing.
HaikalS and prw555 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i should have read your post earlier...
Originally Posted by Arbeysix
Why:

2. Radically different fares, routings available on mobile app vs website (far more options on the app than the website usually).

3. Wildly inacurate availability information on website (frequently showing "only x seats" available or not showing flights available when other data points eg. EF show substantial inventory and hey presto a week later there is plenty of availability on the website).

4. App continues to be highly unstable with constant technical issues and loss of functionality.

I think FFs have been very patient with CX's move to new website and app but enough is enough and these issues have gone on far too long. Other carrier's sites (eg. SQ and QF) seem far more reliable.

While I am complaining, award inventory on my regular flights continues to be very disappointing indeed. CX should look after its own MPC members with far more guaranteed inventory especially able to book well in advance.

The waitlisting/redemption process is a circus and seems to be designed for those with plenty of time on their hands (ie. not the vast majority of FFs who are busy people...).
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Ace71
I've managed to reserve my business class seats outbound (LHR-HKG-BNE) but not the inbound - Internal system error every time I try
I managed to book my inbound seats today using Internet Explorer, the process was fast and with minimal loading time. Previously I was using Google Chrome with Adblocker (may have been the problem).
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: QF Platium(OWE)/CX Diamond(OWE)/SPG Platium/Marriott Titanium/Hyatt Globalist/Accor Platium/
Originally Posted by Arbeysix
Why:

The app allow you to do mixed class booking (for example B+M/ I+E class) It will provide you the lowest available price on each sector....
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:00 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Is it me or the app cannot handle mutiple itineraries? I have three trips coming up on CX and would like to add all three to the app but seems like I can only have one at a time.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:56 pm

has anyone noticed recently that the app hasn't been loading or working? i can't seem to pull up any trip details or check in
Old May 2, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: CXDM
Yes. The app has been ridiculous of late - can't access bookings, or do check ins, or even pull profile information.

It does help to log out and re-log in, although your window to do anything on the app only lasts 5 minutes thereafter....
Old May 4, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by lukelim89
has anyone noticed recently that the app hasn't been loading or working? i can't seem to pull up any trip details or check in
Yes the app is now useless for checking bookings. IT matters not exactly CX’s forte of late.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by CBR922
IT matters not exactly CX’s forte of late.
I don't ever recall a time when they were.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:58 am

Online feedback on CX website about app problems led to this response a week later (see below). I guess their "digital department" now knows. :-

"03/05/2019

Dear _____________

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent online experience.

I am concerned to learn of the problems you encountered with our mobile app. I can certainly understand how frustrating it was as you experienced this issue many times in the recent past and would like to apologise for the disappointment caused. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with our digital department so they can improve the way our app functions.

If you need any assistance with your booking, please feel free to contact our Global Contact Centre and they will be pleased to assist you.

Thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention. I hope we can welcome you on board one of our flights soon.

Yours sincerely

Old May 4, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by bchang
Online feedback on CX website about app problems led to this response a week later (see below). I guess their "digital department" now knows. :-

"03/05/2019

Dear _____________

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent online experience.

I am concerned to learn of the problems you encountered with our mobile app. I can certainly understand how frustrating it was as you experienced this issue many times in the recent past and would like to apologise for the disappointment caused. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with our digital department so they can improve the way our app functions.

If you need any assistance with your booking, please feel free to contact our Global Contact Centre and they will be pleased to assist you.

Thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention. I hope we can welcome you on board one of our flights soon.

Yours sincerely

Non Compos Mentis likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:07 am

I distinctly recall that I could use the Cathay app to book flights and having a function to hold the booking for 72 hours before payment. Has this function now disappeared?

Now, I can only hold the flights when I make a booking on the Cathay website.

And, it still seems to be the case that I can see certain fares on the app which I cannot see on the website. Quite frustrating.
prw555 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Do the app and the website appear to be in the same country as far as CX is concerned? If, for example, you look at the website through a corporate network whose gateway is in a different country you may well see different results because of the annoying way that CX (and other airlines) try to manipulate fares by point of sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.