The Wing Cabana Question

Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:07 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sparkj
Thanks guys. Just reporting back for future reference:
My Cabana waiting time was 1 hour at 6pm. It was a Tuesday night.
Meanwhile I got to Pier at around 8pm, and they were already fully booked up for the day.
at the pier were they booked up for day suites or massages?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc

at the pier were they booked up for day suites or massages?
Massages, didn't ask about day suites that time.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:56 am

I will be using the Cabana for the first time next week. Is it allowed to bring drinks into the Cabana? I was wondering if I could ask if they had a bottle of Champagne that I could bring in
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Is it allowed to bring champagne bottle into cabana? I have only done it with a glass. Never asked pro-actively tho. Anyone done this before?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
I will be using the Cabana for the first time next week. Is it allowed to bring drinks into the Cabana? I was wondering if I could ask if they had a bottle of Champagne that I could bring in
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Is it allowed to bring champagne bottle into cabana? I have only done it with a glass. Never asked pro-actively tho. Anyone done this before?
There is no service in the Cabana.

I don't believe you're supposed to have food and drink in there, although I doubt they'll stop you. I'm not actually even sure this is a rule.

No they won't give you a whole bottle of Champagne if you ask, but you can drink as much as you want at the bar, in the restaurant, or in the Champagne area. It would definitely be poor form and is almost certainly against the (unposted) rules to hijack a bottle of Champagne from the Champagne area, and take it for yourself anywhere else in the lounge, not just the Cabana. Practically thinking, I guess you could probably get away with it, like a shoplifter. But if you are caught I think it's possible you are kicked out of the lounge. I think the right way to do it is ask, it's possible they'd even say yes. I'm not really sure.

Fyi there is a two hour time limit in the Cabana.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by QRC3288
There is no service in the Cabana.

I don't believe you're supposed to have food and drink in there, although I doubt they'll stop you. I'm not actually even sure this is a rule.

No they won't give you a whole bottle of Champagne if you ask, but you can drink as much as you want at the bar, in the restaurant, or in the Champagne area. It would definitely be poor form and is almost certainly against the (unposted) rules to hijack a bottle of Champagne from the Champagne area, and take it for yourself anywhere else in the lounge, not just the Cabana. Practically thinking, I guess you could probably get away with it, like a shoplifter. But if you are caught I think it's possible you are kicked out of the lounge. I think the right way to do it is ask, it's possible they'd even say yes. I'm not really sure.

Fyi there is a two hour time limit in the Cabana.
I was just curious if it was done before or not. Not that I feel to drink whole bottle on the ground, I rather save it for up in the air time. Actually it was only 90 minutes for Cabana on Wednesday, so for day room in The Pier.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:18 pm

I will not of course steal a bottle and bring it in. I will ask them if it is possible. Maybe if they have an opened half full bottle left I could bring in. I checked on google and I see that others have brought drinks in also.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
I will not of course steal a bottle and bring it in. I will ask them if it is possible. Maybe if they have an opened half full bottle left I could bring in. I checked on google and I see that others have brought drinks in also.
My wife and I have brought in full glasses of champagne into the Cabana without an issue. Not sure about a bottle though..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.