Wiki Posts
Search

The Wing Cabana Question

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Question The Wing Cabana Question

I guess I have a question I havn't seen answers for yet, tried searching a little...

I see the hours listed for the lounge ending at 12:30 am. Does anyone know up until what time the cabanas stay available until? I would be arriving at around 5pm, and I know they are often booked so would be hoping I would be able to get a slot. My flight isn't until 1am, so there is plenty of time to wait.

Thanks I appreciate the advice!
Old May 20, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I got there around 4:30pm last Saturday and all cabanas were occupied After ordering and finishing a few dishes in the dining room, the buzzer went off. So I guess I waited 20 min or so?
Old May 20, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Waited around 30min when I went there last month.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i believe cabana is.open till wing close. but dining at wing is absolute dismal so.i suggest once u done with cabana head over to pier for proper dining... few times i had time to spare i went cabana, it is very relaxing and adequate. but i often sacrified by eating at wing which is think is rated 3 out of 10 if dining at pier is rated 7/10 to give u an idea
Old May 20, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by fakecd
i believe cabana is.open till wing close. but dining at wing is absolute dismal so.i suggest once u done with cabana head over to pier for proper dining... few times i had time to spare i went cabana, it is very relaxing and adequate. but i often sacrified by eating at wing which is think is rated 3 out of 10 if dining at pier is rated 7/10 to give u an idea
The last time I went to the Wing and Pier First, they have exactly the same menu.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by boybi
The last time I went to the Wing and Pier First, they have exactly the same menu.
I find both wing and Pier to be ok. Not fine dining but edible and not as bad as some people here make out to be.
clubeurope, moondog and NoY like this.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Had to wait about 4 hrs for a cabana this past Friday evening.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by boybi
Same mains but more options for starters and sweets at Pier.
boybi likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:10 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

The most I've waited is an hour for a cabana, but it was good fun of an hour as I was sitting in the champagne bar. Needless to say, after every glass topped up made the wait felt quicker!
prw555 likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
I much prefer to go to the Pier business lounge's noodle bar and get noodles/dim sum than the first lounge, then make the walk back to the cabanas in the Wing as an excuse to get some exercise in an airport.

Not sure if it's my preference for that kind of food, but I don't find the F lounge's food 'all that' and much rather something simple that tasted pretty good, than something 'complicated' done below standards.

My waits at the cabana (2 weeks ago) have both been about 45mins-1hr with 2 people ahead of me. The OP shouldn't need to worry if they're arriving at 5pm.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CarefreeBA
I much prefer to go to the Pier business lounge's noodle bar and get noodles/dim sum than the first lounge, then make the walk back to the cabanas in the Wing as an excuse to get some exercise in an airport.

Not sure if it's my preference for that kind of food, but I don't find the F lounge's food 'all that' and much rather something simple that tasted pretty good, than something 'complicated' done below standards.

My waits at the cabana (2 weeks ago) have both been about 45mins-1hr with 2 people ahead of me. The OP shouldn't need to worry if they're arriving at 5pm.
I'm looking to do the Pier food + Wing cabana combo later next week, but will be arriving at the airport around 7-8pm. What would you say the wait times are around that time? Thanks!
Old May 27, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: CX / BR / Marriott / Hilton
Originally Posted by sparkj
I'm looking to do the Pier food + Wing cabana combo later next week, but will be arriving at the airport around 7-8pm. What would you say the wait times are around that time? Thanks!
The queue is quite awful around 8-10pm, I did it twice in the past 6 month and have to wait for over 90min.
sparkj likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by sparkj
There's nothing wrong in popping into the Wing after security to see what the wait times are, and work around that. You also need to counter in the potential of (lack of) walking time from lounge to gate. I'm not too sure about 7-8pm, sorry, but arriving at 5pm - the wait for a massage for 5.5hours (in the Pier F) if that interests anyone. It's just pot luck really.
sparkj likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by CarefreeBA
but arriving at 5pm - the wait for a massage for 5.5hours (in the Pier F) if that interests anyone. It's just pot luck really.
A few days ago arriving at 6:30pm the wait for massage was 4 hours.
sparkj likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Platinum
Thanks guys. Just reporting back for future reference:
My Cabana waiting time was 1 hour at 6pm. It was a Tuesday night.
Meanwhile I got to Pier at around 8pm, and they were already fully booked up for the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.