Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Is 1 hour 35 minutes enough time between flights at Hong Kong

Is 1 hour 35 minutes enough time between flights at Hong Kong

Old Sep 3, 19, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Ryan Harder View Post
Thanks. No, it doesn't have to be the Wing. For whatever reason I wrongly assumed that would be the closest. Do you guys agree that T-30 is too early to show up at the gate and it can be cut a little closer?
Hi,

I think that at T-30 boarding will have been in progress for less than 10 mins with people who have been queing in F/J will have boarded and Y will be boarding. You could probably cut it to arriving at the gate just after T-20. ( I personally like to be amongst the first to board especially if I'm in J or F in order to relax so I will be at the gate just before boarding starts and enjoy the champagne in J (depending on the airline maybe more than one In F.)

Regards

TBS

PS Ah! deadinabsentia just beat me to it!

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Sep 3, 19 at 1:25 pm
Old Sep 3, 19, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,

I think that at T-30 boarding will have been in progress for less than 10 mins with people who have been queing in F/J will have boarded and Y will be boarding. You could probably cut it to arriving at the gate just after T-20. ( I personally like to be amongst the first to board in order to relax so I will be at the gate just before boarding starts.)

Regards

TBS

PS Ah! deadinabsentia just beat me to it!
I'm a late border myself:
-lounge is more comfortable than the airplane
-I'm going to be on the airplane for at least 2 hours anyway
-I dislike standing around in the jetway

A critical aspect of my strategy is choosing a place to wait (in cases where lounges aren't practical, there are usually restaurants/bars) that is fairly close to my gate.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 3, 19, 2:17 pm

Second the T-15.

Generally, if close the the lounge, I'll ask the GA what's the absolute latest I may board, and go with his/her time. If I were able to get over my fear of losing my luggage (or, if bin space were reserved for J/F on non-long haul), I'd board last every time.
Old Jan 11, 20, 10:57 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
I'm a late border myself:
-lounge is more comfortable than the airplane
-I'm going to be on the airplane for at least 2 hours anyway
-I dislike standing around in the jetway

A critical aspect of my strategy is choosing a place to wait (in cases where lounges aren't practical, there are usually restaurants/bars) that is fairly close to my gate.
I've been reviewing this connection thread for this misconnect case CX5905-CX157 5Jan misconnect complaint and my comments thereon (seems like the consensus is 4 hours in HKG from PEK Is 1 hour 35 minutes enough time between flights at Hong Kong )

Have been discussing your late boarder comments with other FTers. Agree except:

1. Narrow body
2. PDB is better than the lounge
3. (new) KWIA https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post31927356

Search this Thread
Search Engine: