Milestone Upgrades - Myth or Reality

Old May 15, 2019, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Milestone Upgrades - Myth or Reality

Hitting 500K towards the end of the year on a HKG-JFK flight...too early to tell how full the F cabin would be but if ever there are available seats, what are the changes for an upgrade?
Old May 16, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Hitting 500K towards the end of the year on a HKG-JFK flight...too early to tell how full the F cabin would be but if ever there are available seats, what are the changes for an upgrade?
I think if might be also a bit too early to tell that you will be hitting 500k at the end of year. you might hit too early.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
I just passed 500K, nothing happened.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wyskevin
I just passed 500K, nothing happened.

sad...no upgrades?
Old May 16, 2019, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ausriver
I think if might be also a bit too early to tell that you will be hitting 500k at the end of year. you might hit too early.
got my flights booked till December. If I dont fly any long haul flights other than those already booked, Im pretty safe
Old May 16, 2019, 7:31 pm

Nothing happened on my 500k either.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Nothing on 500k IIRC but I got an F upgrade from JFK when I hit 1,000,000.
FlyPointyEnd likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
When I hit 1m mile I got my roundtrip HKG-SIN upgraded to F (back then they still had F on CX691/690 pair flights almost daily). When I hit 1.5m mile, Nicolas Masse greeted me at the air bridge upon arrival into HKG with a bottle of Krug as a gift. Will hit 2m later this year...let's see what they would offer, if anything!
Old May 19, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
Apart from seemingly random upgrades because planes were full, I was unexpectedly upgraded in the past from J to F on the way back from JFK to HKG by an agent who said "that's a lot of miles you've travelled" so I assumed he could see the reason why and that it was mileage. I did get a birthday upgrade (which I read about in detail here later on!) in March this year on the same route and on the same flight my wife got the same upgrade for passing a milestone (I can't remember which one but they specifically noted this at the checkin). Interestingly at 2 million miles I got a travel blanket and at 3 million a decent travelling bag. Closing in on 4 million miles so who knows (but I've only ever met Nicolas at MPC events, he's never popped out of the woodwork to surprise me!).
FlyPointyEnd and flubber like this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
I was traveling with my whole family last week from LAX back to HKG. Our flight was 883. Upon checking in at the F counter, the ground agent smiled at me and congratulated me on hitting 500k miles, and then offered to upgrade me to the first class. He said, "would you like to take it or stay with your family at business class ?" Ha ha, that's a no brainer! I asked my wife if she would like to try F, but she said NO!!! What? No? Sigh....so I very reluctantly declined my first milestone upgrade. If only this had happened when I was traveling alone for business.....
FlyPointyEnd and Sozee like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, SQ PPS, UAPP, Hyatt Globalist
I got a "5 year anniversary" with Marco Polo Club upgrade from HKG-->BOM. They upgraded me from Y --> J.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:23 am

You may also reference this thread, 8 years and hundreds of data points / posts / discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...milestone.html
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
When I hit 1m mile I got my roundtrip HKG-SIN upgraded to F (back then they still had F on CX691/690 pair flights almost daily). When I hit 1.5m mile, Nicolas Masse greeted me at the air bridge upon arrival into HKG with a bottle of Krug as a gift. Will hit 2m later this year...let's see what they would offer, if anything!
I just checked my account. I feel like I travel a lot and I'm only at 187k... so 500k is impressive... 1m is insane... 1.5m and 2m? do you even have an apartment or do you just live in the CX seat pods instead? good god man.

Seriously though, that's your lifetime accumulated miles right? since when? According to MPC, I joined July 31, 2015. Newbie compared to you I suppose.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by cmiller11101
I just checked my account. I feel like I travel a lot and I'm only at 187k... so 500k is impressive... 1m is insane... 1.5m and 2m? do you even have an apartment or do you just live in the CX seat pods instead? good god man.

Seriously though, that's your lifetime accumulated miles right? since when? According to MPC, I joined July 31, 2015. Newbie compared to you I suppose.
Slightly off topic and not to belittle anyone's achievements on this thread, but there are some FT'ers here who have 10m BIS miles...!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.