Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Upgraded via Asia Miles - no points/miles for flight?

Upgraded via Asia Miles - no points/miles for flight?

Old May 13, 19, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC Green
Unhappy Upgraded via Asia Miles - no points/miles for flight?

Hi all, first time posting. I recently decided to spend some Asia Miles to upgrade a LHR to HKG flight from PE to Business. However, I noticed that after applying the upgrade I would not be receiving any miles or club points for the flight (the Manage Flights page shows "-" for both Club Points and Miles). Upon calling the marco polo club, they indeed confirmed that's the case.

Seems a bit crappy - when I upgrade, I lose the points/miles that I would accrue if I didn't upgrade in the first place. Am I the only one? The FAQ pinned seems to suggest otherwise...

Cheers.
Old May 13, 19, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, Marriott PLT, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Uninformed agent.

You will still get the credit for PE, not the upgraded business. But IIRC, some claims CX credits the upgraded business. So I am not sure which is the case.

But you will get the credit for sure.
Old May 14, 19, 4:30 am

Any agent should know better than that.

By the way: you'll also notice it will say CANCELLED for your original flight which always freaks me out for a second after login. Just a heads up

Old May 14, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Ya I will agree with the previous 2 replies that any agents should have known better. This should be a very common AM transactions.

As for the website displaying 0 AM/CP after the upgrade is ticketed, this bug has existed for years in my memory. Classic CX IT I guess...
Old May 15, 19, 6:36 am

Programs: CX MPO SL, IHG Spire, Hertz 5*, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by garykung View Post
Uninformed agent.

You will still get the credit for PE, not the upgraded business. But IIRC, some claims CX credits the upgraded business. So I am not sure which is the case.

But you will get the credit for sure.
When I upgraded SHA-HKG from M class to U class last October, I got the credit for W/R class. However, I just took TPE-HKG-CGK upgraded from V to U class, but got just the standard M/L/V class credit.
Old May 15, 19, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC Green
Originally Posted by ernestnywang View Post
When I upgraded SHA-HKG from M class to U class last October, I got the credit for W/R class. However, I just took TPE-HKG-CGK upgraded from V to U class, but got just the standard M/L/V class credit.
Did you get credits for both AM and MPC?