CX waitlist U-Class

Old May 11, 2019, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

CX waitlist U-Class

So I booked a business class ticket on April 24th with Asia Miles from LAX to HKG the flight I booked was on June 8th and the, and I got waitlisted which I read and it was normal, but now with only a few weeks left and it still says I'm being wait-listed and its a U-class ticket, what does this all mean. I checked the flight and There are over 20 seats available Can someone help.

Last edited by VKung; May 11, 2019 at 11:11 pm
Old May 12, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Redemption is U class.

Unless you have information from inside CX, the maximum availability shown should be J9 C9 D9 I9, i.e., 9. You should only see unoccupied seats, which may not always be the number of unsold seats available. They usually keep seats available for last minute ticketing. June 8 ex-US West Coast is start of peak travel season. You may have a better chance if your waitlist in for an upgrade. If for full redemption, it is difficult to tell.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:06 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
What tier of MPC are you in? Anyway, they wont usually be cleared one week prior in cases like this, otherwise not much chance. I would suggest you to prepare buying a revenue ticket which I usually did in this case. Or at least a PEY and go for upgrade
Old May 13, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Redemption is U class.

Unless you have information from inside CX, the maximum availability shown should be J9 C9 D9 I9, i.e., 9. You should only see unoccupied seats, which may not always be the number of unsold seats available. They usually keep seats available for last minute ticketing. June 8 ex-US West Coast is start of peak travel season. You may have a better chance if your waitlist in for an upgrade. If for full redemption, it is difficult to tell.
Is the upgrade redemption generally more successful than a full redemption? Or is it all a crapshoot?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.