Cathay Pacific - Move Beyond

Old May 12, 19, 12:27 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, BAEC Gold, QF Gold, Hyatt Glob
Recycled material:

There’s many more examples....rebranding done on the cheap. CX hasn’t moved beyond their old footage.
QRC3288 and jsfrSE like this.
Old May 12, 19, 2:45 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: AirCanada SE1MM, Cathay Pacific MPC Diamond, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Recycled material:

https://youtu.be/Qj60RsTfAeE

https://youtu.be/d9yWRcJBQAI
https://youtu.be/u43Y3BybOsY

There’s many more examples....rebranding done on the cheap. CX hasn’t moved beyond their old footage.
Indeed, it reinforces the impression of half measures and lack of creativity.
Old May 12, 19, 3:22 am

I think the campaign is targetted as much inwards as outwards. RH is a firm believer in 'brand promise' and/ or 'why do we come to work every day' The last few years have been tough, and anecdotally morale is low.

As for 'labels' - well, in some asian cultures men walking hand in hand is not considered gay behaviour, so it is just as much about us projecting our labels on the image (but, snarky point aside, I do applaud them for this - but again, likely more internally focused)
Old May 12, 19, 3:43 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | A-Club Silver | AA EXP
Originally Posted by peasant View Post
As for 'labels' - well, in some asian cultures men walking hand in hand is not considered gay behaviour, so it is just as much about us projecting our labels on the image
Ah, someone who is well travelled.
Old May 13, 19, 6:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: A3 *G, CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)
Seriously why bother with a new slogan? Give me reliable service, better soft product (and hopefully lower price) and I will keep flying CX. I didn't fly CX because of being well travelled.
craig44485 likes this.
Old May 13, 19, 9:06 am

Not sure whether this has been mentioned before, but Bell said they'd be introducing new in-flight entertainment. I'm assuming that means more options but it doesn't seem overly clear – not that special of an upgrade considering they should update IFE-content every couple months? Surely they wouldn't launch an entirely new system when many jets still have the old one right? I guess we'll see...
Old May 13, 19, 4:47 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by cx4ever View Post
Not sure whether this has been mentioned before, but Bell said they'd be introducing new in-flight entertainment. I'm assuming that means more options but it doesn't seem overly clear – not that special of an upgrade considering they should update IFE-content every couple months? Surely they wouldn't launch an entirely new system when many jets still have the old one right? I guess we'll see...
Interesting. I wonder what the premise is? New hardware? Software? Is he referring to content?

Of the many criticism of CX, I never considered StudioCX one of them. Sure, the screen resolution on the non refurbished planes isn't great, nor is the backlighting. (But both been fixed on the refurbed planes. And it's not terrible on the old onrs) And some months content gets thin based on your interests especially if you fly tons. But overall, I have to say I think it's been a consistently good to great system for the 10+ years I've been loyal to CX. Often they have some or all of great Western TV shows, I got into The Wire in 2008 thanks to CX, am 10 years late to the Game of Throne party and just started, and watched The Sopranos there too. While some months aren't good, I find especially lately they have many movies I could watch.

But maybe they are referring to something perhaps in conjunction with the 777X launch in 2 years?? Something a bit bigger and robust like Emirates ICE? StudioCX is still darn good though IMO.
Old May 13, 19, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I had the impression that the A350 IFE interface is slowly being rolled out through the fleet. Perhaps that is what he is pertaining to.
Old May 14, 19, 2:33 am

Programs: CX
Originally Posted by peasant View Post
I think the campaign is targetted as much inwards as outwards. RH is a firm believer in 'brand promise' and/ or 'why do we come to work every day' The last few years have been tough, and anecdotally morale is low.

As for 'labels' - well, in some asian cultures men walking hand in hand is not considered gay behaviour, so it is just as much about us projecting our labels on the image (but, snarky point aside, I do applaud them for this - but again, likely more internally focused)
Internally focused as in, hoping that by appearing to promote LGBT rights, it would raise staff morale?
Old May 14, 19, 8:10 pm

A little not related to move beyond but anyone tried to use the press reader app prior to a flight ? Their most recent content is dec 18 for newspapers and magazines. What good with a 6 months old newspaper? I wonder why lol and they should certainly “move forward” to the latest magazines and newspapers.
Old May 14, 19, 8:32 pm

Programs: MPC-Gold, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by CXCPA View Post
A little not related to move beyond but anyone tried to use the press reader app prior to a flight ? Their most recent content is dec 18 for newspapers and magazines. What good with a 6 months old newspaper? I wonder why lol and they should certainly “move forward” to the latest magazines and newspapers.
Not the App, though the Desktop browser in the lounge version and I did not have the impression it was old stuff. I read the Washington Post and it was all current news. Earlier, I browsed magazines, I do have a paper based subscription on, where the newsreader did present a newer version then I did have in paper.
Old May 14, 19, 8:40 pm

Ok I think it’s a reader app problem. Reinstalled and re-signin all looks fine now. Thanks.

Last edited by CXCPA; May 14, 19 at 10:23 pm
Old May 16, 19, 10:49 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, BAEC Gold, QF Gold, Hyatt Glob
Exactly how I felt about this campaign

https://brandinginasia.com/threeads-jamal-hamidi/

“Ultimately, this ad is devoid of story, devoid of tension, and ultimately devoid of emotion. The viewer walks away from the ad feeling absolutely nothing.”
Old May 18, 19, 3:11 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by royng View Post
Seriously why bother with a new slogan? Give me reliable service, better soft product (and hopefully lower price) and I will keep flying CX. I didn't fly CX because of being well travelled.
dont drop the price too much.
reliable service, better product- along w cheap price doesnt always work. just get rid of the low value customers.
Isochronous likes this.
Old May 18, 19, 1:32 pm

Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; RCCL- D Plus; QF LTG; CA P
To CX: MOVE BEYOND COST CUTTING.
To CX passengers: MOVE BEYOND CX.
Isochronous and Sozee like this.

Search this Thread