FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   CEO cocktail May 9 in HK - anyone else going? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1967901-ceo-cocktail-may-9-hk-anyone-else-going.html)

tedhl May 2, 2019 2:54 am

CEO cocktail May 9 in HK - anyone else going?

would be interested to see what this is about. "taking us higher"..."new direction"..."newer, bigger, more exciting experiences"...

==========

SOME JOURNEYS TAKE US FARTHER.
OUR NEXT ONE IS TAKING US HIGHER.

We're moving past where we are today to discover what lies ahead.

It's a journey that will take us in a new direction, one that leads to newer, bigger and more exciting experiences – for us at Cathay Pacific and for all our customers.

We'd love to have you with us as we take our next step forward.

It is our pleasure to invite you and a guest to a celebration marking our new journey.

Date 9 May 2019, Thursday
Time
6:30pm Cocktail Reception
7:00pm Welcome Remarks by Rupert Hogg, Chief Executive Officer

DragonSoul May 2, 2019 3:23 am

I read that as "space flight". I might overly optimistic though. (I have been waiting over 50 years!)

(ʘ‿ʘ)

sxc May 2, 2019 6:30 am

Suspect this might be the rebranding announcement.

tedhl May 2, 2019 7:22 am

oh what rebranding?

cx4ever May 2, 2019 7:43 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 31059376)
Suspect this might be the rebranding announcement.

I'm not sure whether CX could've written it any more explicitly :D

G-CIVC May 2, 2019 8:02 am

3rd year of DM and still haven't got a single invite to any event :(

Either my customer value is too low (among the 40,000 or so DMs in HKG)...or they must think I'm too young :D

Anyway, people around me that I know of with the invite are either DMIN or DM+. There's also a more intimate lunch with the execs later this month.

londonexpert May 2, 2019 8:14 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 31059662)

Either my customer value is too low (among the 40,000 or so DMs in HKG)...or they must think I'm too young :D

Anyway, people around me that I know of with the invite are either DMIN or DM+. There's also a more intimate lunch with the execs later this month.

do you know your CIV score?

Ausriver May 3, 2019 5:31 am

40000 seems to be a large number compare with less than 8 million popular, is that number real?

bagold May 3, 2019 6:35 am

I think the total number DMs is around 20-30k.

I'm not going to May 9th cocktail but going to May 7th lunch. Anyone else going to the lunch?

G-CIVC May 3, 2019 8:22 am

Originally Posted by londonexpert (Post 31059702)

do you know your CIV score?

Would’ve expected it to be pretty low but surprisingly got chosen for a J to F opup to Heathrow today among a handful of DMs. Thanks CX I’ll take that over an event invitation any day!

jagmeets May 3, 2019 10:58 am

I know that awards are just a part of the MPO experience, but those going, could you please ask the powers that be, as to why CX is preferring to release award seats to partners, rather than to DMs, and if they’ve indeed increased award availability by 20% as promised, last June.

jsfrSE May 3, 2019 6:39 pm

Perhaps they will be talking about this?

How Cathay Pacific focuses on passenger feedback to soar above the competition
https://www.qualtrics.com/blog/passenger-feedback/

The interview is full of good intentions, but one really has to wonder if CX has the willingness to implement this, considering the cost cutting measures and decline in service.

Nicc HK May 3, 2019 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 31063729)
I know that awards are just a part of the MPO experience, but those going, could you please ask the powers that be, as to why CX is preferring to release award seats to partners, rather than to DMs, and if they’ve indeed increased award availability by 20% as promised, last June.

Airlines that run their frequent flyer programmes properly make money from partner airlines whose members book their flights. So CX gets paid for each seat AA/BA/QF et al members book on CX though there is probably some netting/clearing process between the partners. So the simple answer could be CX can 'sell' those award seats to partners in preference to internal account netting or force MPC/M members to pitch out at usurious rates for choice and tailored awards. Though perhaps I am being too cynical. In addition AA apparently rakes it in from air miles sold using Citi and Barclay credit cards.

I only ever got to be invited once to a MPC event, which strangely co-incided with me not being in town.

Anyway perhaps someone can ask some questions "How successful has the great DM membership cull been?" and were these members so grateful to CX they stayed in the programme or "did they jump ship?"

Nicc

tedhl May 3, 2019 10:20 pm

Anyway, people around me that I know of with the invite are either DMIN or DM+

this is interesting, if this is true...because I think I'm certainly far from being DM+, at least based on the flights that I credited to MPO. unless they indeed are able to capture my total "value" based on my other accounts esp BA? I usually just try to meet 1800 club points with MPO (i.e. usually it means exactly 52 x 35 club-points short-haul J flights). that's like 1/4 of my # flights last year...the other 3/4 are mostly CX/KA too and/or many higher value long haul J/F flights that I usually credit to BA where I get another 8k or so tier points a year...always wonder how/whether they capture such multi-oneworld-account situations.

Cambo May 3, 2019 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by tedhl (Post 31065327)
.........the other 3/4 are mostly CX/KA too and/or many higher value long haul J/F flights that I usually credit to BA where I get another 8k or so tier points a year...always wonder how/whether they capture such multi-oneworld-account situations.

Does look a clear winner for CX, to me:
You spent real money on CX.
You deposit the CX miles to BA.
BA pays peanuts to CX for the miles (maybe something of half the real value).
BA pays full points value to CX to let you fly on BA points with CX.

Wow.